Kanye Blame Game Visuals (Fuckin Amazing)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
@Precog and gang

Yo this is getting out of hand now. There are no rules for sampling Son. I might Sample a Drunken Pedestrian song the Dreamy PO Made last week lol. If its dope flip it and add on to the cipher of hip hop. Only Difference is that Kanye has the money and backing to blatantly sample something fairly new and just pay off the owners of the material. Its weird that you call Kanyes sampling stealing lol thats whats sampling is. If you really listen to hip hop you will know that most beats that were sampled were loops from the original that served as hooks to the most memorable songs in hip hop. Hip Hop producers even used records with a slight eq and raped over whole songs back in the early days of hip hop. Yo most of the drums are just breaks (Loops) from old funk records layered on top of Samples from otherold funk records. I dare you to call out Pete Rock, Premo, Dre, 9th, and Dilla Stealing. Do some research and look up and listen to the original songs that most of these beats were sampled from. If you dont like Kanye dont like him. At the end of the day he is another Artist just like we are. He is Def one of the best beat makers in the main stream as well as a dope rapper. Yea he fux with the auto tune but he knew what he was doing. He did an whole album in auto tune and introduced that to the game and then switched his style up a lil bit. IMO Kanye didn't kill hip hop with auto tune. He did it with with as much artistry as Bon Iver <- Paying Homage. T-Pain Lil Wayne and every other artist that over did it just because it was hot at the time they killed it. Thats what Jay Z was referring to in D.O.A (Death Of Autotune) It wasn't targeted at Kanye. If you listen to Jazz the same thing happens all the time.

I have mixed emotions about Kanye but that doesn't even matter because it's just my opinion. Nevertheless, everything that you said above (with the exception of Kanye being a dope rapper...lol, I gotta think on that one...) is dead on point and I cosign with. Props!

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@ Dac

Word. I have clients that use Autotune. This one my homies and a client. We made this beat and Nerv used autotune on it lol. At first we were like oh boy but after we laid the song down it came out dope IMO. Autotune is not a bad thing if used in moderation. Now if you got Autotune all up n our verses for no damn reason its distasteful.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PkGDhOIUTw"]YouTube - THIS IS THE LIFE..ON MY LAST NERV.wmv[/ame]

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oh yeah where the song switched up to all auto tune is not my work lol. Peace

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
maybe i shouldnt have used the term stealing, dont get me wrong i know all about the history of sampling i dont need to do any research, i pretty much build most tracks 100% from samples.

i guess all im saying is to me it seemed like he heard this tune which he liked and just thought 'ahh that sounds good i'll just put that in', i guess all i thought was its a bit lazy. i know some of the best tracks ever are based on loops, i dunno i guess i just dont like the sound of sampling newer shit cos it doesnt have that vibe i like, nothing personal against kanye, college dropout literally got me into producing.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Blatant stealing is what most of us do..... to frown upon Kanye for doing it is kind of hypocritical.

I think Kanye's attitude and cockiness has alienated a lot of people and they tend to be more cynical when it comes to conversations about the dude...

I thought sampling was part of hip-hop...who cares if he sampled something that was just recently released? I didn't know there was a time frame on when it was ok to sample something... Timbaland did it for a Nelly Furtado song, and you don't see the same people talking the shit about him when he sampled that song from I believe somewhere in Scandinavia....which wasn't an old song at all...

If you don't like Kanye, that's fine....I don't expect the world to like his music. But just like artists that I don't like, I can appreciate what they do and acknowledge that they are putting out good music for others. The same type of bashing is the reason why hip-hop and it's people are the way they are...this is why people look @ hip-hop so poorly....all we do is bash the others.... And it always brings me back to the Nas song "Carry on Tradition"....

Kanye is doing what he's always been doing...putting out relevant music in today's hip-hop in the US....I can't speak for other countries because I don't live there. If the guy was well liked and kissed babies and shook everyone's hand, I bet he'd be looked at as one of the greats....

And I'm def not being a fanboy, because I think he's a piece of shit as a person and 808s and heartbreaks was shit...and I wasn't a fan of H.A.M....at all.