Kanye, Good show, REAL MUSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
Yo, i know alot you cats hate on kanye, but i was at his show tonight, and god damn was it GOOD. He had live players with him, he also had his dj there so you could hear some of those beats, but he had a group of string players, someone on the piano, and someone on the drums/congos. Also some back up singers, it's not like the usual sterotipical RAP/HIP HOP concert. It was some real shit. Also Patti Labelle came out and started singing. This is a show that our parents would be proud to say that there kids listen to hip hop. During the show during his sampled songs, he was ending them or starting them with the original song which i thought was real dope too. How can you hate on something like this, maybe for other shit he's done. But for all real music lovers and lovers of hip hop, this shit was HOTT.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
someone yall gave the man too much credit... no disrespect... but did anyone hear that JayZ UnPlugged a few yrs. back w/ who " THE ROOTS" and who else "THE VILOIN GIRL(and cello, viola and standup bass players" and "PHARRELL(before he blew)"... He got that bit from JayZ and others... Puff does it alot too...

Give a show w/ exclusive hits... Live beats... fresh shit... make that shit LIVE on ur MPC at the concert or at less play our MPC at the concert... flex some skills... thats the type of show i'm going to do as a producer... not only w/ the LIVE band (cuz that's done alot as so on TV (Leno, Connan, and other late nite shows, cuz their band is paid for already).. People have to start thinking outside of the box... for me...

IMO..... but if u say its ill, i'm sure it was...

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
that sounds ill as hell! wouldnt miss that shit if he came round' here, saw the same thing with BEP and its impressive man seeing that music coming to life in front of your eyes!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
word to freak most of yall prolly havent seen a show or two and think this is some brandnew shit, or yall just puffed your memories away.

T

The Bastard

yeah a lot of groups play live hip hop. alocal boston group savin ill does it really good.but the fact that kanye does it is cool too u dont gotta be the first to do sumthin for it to be good. jay z unplugged was mad ill too,

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
RigorMortis said:
word to freak most of yall prolly havent seen a show or two and think this is some brandnew shit, or yall just puffed your memories away.

Man please ive been going to live shows sense i was 7 ive seen it all from jazz , to classical music, from nas to outkast,

and the kanye show was a good preformnce, hands down, say what you want but ive been to 2 of his shows live and see countless on TV. dude knows how to preform.....He does a great job of incorpating musicans into his show in a new and innovative way...

Dont let biased towards the dude cloud the fact that he is a good preformer

class..

Status
Not open for further replies.