Kanye Jesus Walks videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSox

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I'm startin to grow on this guy. I like the videos. good topics and stuff but he only talks about and shows how the bad people jesus saves. he saves good ones too.

your thoughts?

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
the video is kind of over the top lol, he goes a little to much on this one, but its still hot

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
It's ok. I think NAS did it best, the whole jesus getting stoned and crusified in a hip hop video. This is pretty much Kanye's version. No originality points from me. Though it is a different subject lyrically, I'm not empressed. Yall act like he the frist to do this, Personally one of DMX's Prayers has my meaning to me then Kanye's whole song.. Atleast DMX sticks to the topic.. This dude bullshited the whole frist verse....

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
the video is tight i saw both jesus walks video but i like the regular one better than the church version but they both raw and to jewel i am not tryin to knock u but i think he did the jesus thing in his own way.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I heard Kanye got seriously peeved at Free of 106 & park for askin stoopid kiddie questions while he was tryin to premier this video since the vid is about such a serious subject. Im gald that he is not afraid to let people know how he feels about his faith. Very few cats would be bold enuff to make a song like that then make it a single also

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
It's ok. I think NAS did it best, the whole jesus getting stoned and crusified in a hip hop video. This is pretty much Kanye's version. No originality points from me. Though it is a different subject lyrically, I'm not empressed. Yall act like he the frist to do this, Personally one of DMX's Prayers has more meaning to me then Kanye's whole song.. Atleast DMX sticks to the topic.. This dude bullshited the whole frist verse.... I think yall watch to much MTV, and B.E.T. Go read a book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm Too Black For B.E.T." (GhostFace).

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

D-RICH

ill o.g.
so far i havent seen a third one.....but the two that i did see where pretty good.....i think i like the one that plays on mtv alot more than the one on bet cause it seems alot more raw...but why the reason 3 videos...was he unable express everything in one or contrversy?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i think i will do the wise thing and keep my mouth shut on this one.

oh, how tempted i am though....

D-RICH

ill o.g.
classic said:
This is so wrong

but the girl in the secon video really distracted me. I was lookin for her the whole time. I have to watch it again to get the meaning
clas...

i definitely feel u on that one classic....its real distracting

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Jewel Avenue OX said:
It's ok. I think NAS did it best, the whole jesus getting stoned and crusified in a hip hop video. This is pretty much Kanye's version. No originality points from me. Though it is a different subject lyrically, I'm not empressed. Yall act like he the frist to do this, Personally one of DMX's Prayers has more meaning to me then Kanye's whole song.. Atleast DMX sticks to the topic.. This dude bullshited the whole frist verse.... I think yall watch to much MTV, and B.E.T. Go read a book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm Too Black For B.E.T." (GhostFace).

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

Nas's video was sacraligious as shit. Plus some of his lyrics are strangely satanic (iono)

DMX raps about killin' niggas and raping teenage girls and dead corpses.

Kanye was bassically saying that Jesus walks w/ everyone. It wasn't really a gospel song if that's what you were expecting

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Manji said:
Nas's video was sacraligious as shit. Plus some of his lyrics are strangely satanic (iono)

DMX raps about killin' niggas and raping teenage girls and dead corpses.

Kanye was bassically saying that Jesus walks w/ everyone. It wasn't really a gospel song if that's what you were expecting

I'm just sayin I like nas's video better. Plus nas is more lyrical. As for DMX, he's doing what more than half the industry is doin so what the difference. His prayers were like the only time he calms down.. Which shows that all the thug shit in the world can't stop him from praying. Most people that go to church are there for a reason. Mostly to try to be forgiven for there sins. Kanye did it his own way, I'm just not feelin him. Period.

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX
"These labels got you on the auction block naked in the cold"
(X-RAY)

D

djhappee

yeah....

i agree. Beats wise, i like it....(it all depends on who you ask, really), flow (all depends on who you ask) but lyrics, i totally dig it. he talks about real shit, and for the adult hip hopper, iwant.

in person, he's a really cool kat. really down to earth...and is on point with his life it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.