Kanye Just Blaze Strings

S

str8heavydance

Sup Yall.....Am looking for a way to create strings that sound lyke 70's soul...The kinda high pitched strings that Kanye n Justblaze use...Am using reason so does anyone know of any soundbank where i can get these??

T

The Bastard

str8heavydance said:
Sup Yall.....Am looking for a way to create strings that sound lyke 70's soul...The kinda high pitched strings that Kanye n Justblaze use...Am using reason so does anyone know of any soundbank where i can get these??
can reason sample? if it can maybe u should try jackin their strings

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
layer some samples...

but be careful... alot of times (esp. Kanye), items are replayed on top of the sample, so it's going to sound better- or at least more life like, than just a plain sample unless you're really on your toes...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
man you must be new, cause atleast in my mind i those don't get their digs out of sample packs from software, they go ditc like the rest of speed up and then filter the strings.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
lol, possibly he doesnt want to sample, he wants a composed effect, thus he looks for the sampled instruments... patches persay..

holla black.

phatbeats

ill o.g.
Well kanye are sampled based producers therefore you won't find that sound on anywhere except records.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
well, those 'light as air' strings can be created with patches. i have somethin similar in reason.

i also seen an article on it once a while ago

O

open mind

sure u can layer sum violin vsts but to get that dirty kanye blaze type a strings u need to SAMPLE it from vinyl.

Subconscious

ill o.g.
or he could play something, save what he made, then use something like sound forge to pitch that up to sound like a pitched sample.

either way it still a pitched sample. just really depends on if u want ur source to be original or sampled from some other artist.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
str8heavydance said:

I'd suggest you give an example (like a song title) to give us a better idea of what you really mean by 70's soul...

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
not too hard...search through Reason's Orch sound bank for some strings you like....throw a slight low pass filter on them either using NN19 or XT. Now search some free refills on the net or possibly you have one, for a "vinyl noise" or "record crackle" record one long note in the sequencer of your strings in the key you are using..considering you want sustained strings. And then another long play of the "vinyl noise" layered with the strings (be sure to set the same filter settings you used for the strings, on the vinyl noise) export that out of Reason, load it up in your audio editor and reduce the bit depth (bit crunch) to either 12 or 8 (play with it)...save it and load it back into Reason.....THERE YOU HAVE IT

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
or play ur own shit, export it, and speed it up to ur liking or whatever. and use the izotope vinyl vst. ez

P-SKILZ

ill o.g.
im new to this, but i have been thinking about getting that sampled sound without sampling from vinyle, so im going to try what LonChainy said, i hope it work or better yet i hope i can do it, any detailed information on this, and Savova what site was that u was talking about that had the article maybe it will also help me, holla back

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ um iono thats why i didnt say it lol this was years ago i read this, ill look for it for u.

and why are we respondin to this thread.. dude that started hasnt been back since

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
sometimes he does, if he needs it replayed. (whether it be for the sample purposes, or so he can get the sample cleared).

members online

No members online now.