Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
09's the year dudes are coming out the closet by tens and twenty's......

IT WON'T BE THE SOUTH THAT KILLS HIP HOP....IT'LL BE THE GAY ASS "AIN'T TRYING TO RAP NO MORE" RAPPERS. I JUST SAW A STAT QUO INTERVIEW WHERE HE'S REALLY LETTING US KNOW JUST HOW GAY HIP HOP HAS BECOME AND IS BECOMING. HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ALL THE INDUSTRY PARTY'S HE'S BEEN TO OVER THE YEARS AND HOW PEOPLE WOULD BE AMAZED AT HOW MANY ARTIST AND HEADS OF THE HIP HOP SIDE OF THESE LABELS ARE STR8 UP BUTT HUNTERS.

lmfao. I coped the album only to feel like killing myself after hearing the whole thing. dude says he's pop muzik now. wtf Mr. I dont listen to Hip Hop in my crib.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Someone give this dude a reality check somehow. He's basically disrespecting hiphop. I mean sure, don't listen to hiphop at your fancy house but saying that hiphop is dead and sampling and shit is wack.... the fuck outta here punk.

I hope he'll die sad knowing that 2words was his best song ever...

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

He has become a gibbering idiot.
To disrespect the artform that paved the way to his own success just shows how much of the plot has been lost by him.
I can only hope that people in the industry will turn their backs on him and not be tempted by the lure of easy money.
I have known he was gay since he was rocking a pink swatch on some interview i saw. And not to mention the rainbox colours on his album cover. Hes been dropping hints for ages.
He doesnt deserve the success that hiphop music has given him. Hiphop needs to take it back and expose this freak for what he is.
Guy makes his whole career of of sampling then he goes and says shit like that.
And even if the people arround him share some of the blame, hes a weak minded fool for listening.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
All I have to say is that "Love Lockdown" is garbage. Kanye's music is getting worse and worse. When "Stronger" came out I was like, oh shit. Here comes the bullshit stage of his career. Now that I have heard this new one, I don't think the bullshit will be stopping anytime soon. If this was his first album, he wouldn't be getting a record deal most likely. I hope the rest of his album isn't as bad as this single.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
He was on "some bullshit" well before his mother pasted. I will agree that it has been compounded tremendously since. If it had happen to me in the fashion it happen to him I'd probably be half way out of my mind as well. Having no father in his life and being surrounded by nothing but women who probably guarded the hell out of him during his youth for fear of losing him to the streets has lead to his "bitchness" I feel also. There's a reason why it takes "a man and a wo-man" to make a baby, in it's most natural form anyway.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i have a theory, him and puffy, say some shit that can be easily seen as satirical/irreverent/dry wit and meant to provoke (and promote) but the problem is, to do it right you can't show and expose truly selfish, egotistical, attention-whoring shit, and both have.

plus, no one in this society expects black dudes, especially those in hip hop, of being irreverent, or witty or even deep, so it has to be damn near flawless in the attempt (that and it's often said that yankees don't like satire).

it may seem like i'm reaching, but they both have said shit in the past that you can tell wasn't meant to be taken seriously even though most did (i saw that james bond thing puffy was on about and didn't take him seriously). but like i said, both have shown truly douchy behavior and bitch slap worthy shit.

still, the biggest sin is coming with shitty music and this last album puts 'ye in the category with puff, guilty as sin*.

*not to say i'm not

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I think underground will eventually become somewhat mainstream eventually, we will have good commercial music for some time, then it will turn into garbage then the whole process over again.
damn i hope im alive to see this prophecy...lol

da relic

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
i have a theory, him and puffy, say some shit that can be easily seen as satirical/irreverent/dry wit and meant to provoke (and promote) but the problem is, to do it right you can't show and expose truly selfish, egotistical, attention-whoring shit, and both have.

I disagree. This is a golden rule of celebrity public relations.

If you're not being talked about... if you're not being written about... if you're not being seen on TV...

You aren't seen as relevant.

Paris Hilton made an estimated $20 million in one year by fame-whoring herself. She was hardly subtle about it.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
The young brovas in my neighborhood(high school) have takin to wearing Kanye's crazy lookin style.
How do you get skin tight jeans to sag?????

I dont get it.. At least they skate board though, thats kool I guess..

Remember the days when you would get clowned for wearing that extra smedium shit.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
in regards to my theory, which is just a theory, they failed to be seen as irreverent, witty, satirical, etc. instead they have become just like hilton like you stated. there's a difference and a fine line between being seen as takin' a piss and being straight assholish and if they were really trying to show some dry wit, something where you're not supposed to take serious laugh or chuckle or even roll your eyes they failed.

it's not a question of them continuing to keep their names in the press, it was the method and the intention of how it was meant to be perceived which was the basis of that theory. like i said, it could be a reach but it was something that's possible, not always but a few times, that i was speaking on.

every time i've ever joked around, either pretending to be conceited ('of course i'm the best looking guy in the world') or the opposite ('i'm the worst person in the world') there's always at least one person, usually a chick but not always, that takes it serious, where others see exactly what i'm doing. same when being sarcastic.

of course sometimes it's the delivery, which is where that theory was born. the delivery and the perception of the one delivering it.

but again, it's just a theory and it doesn't mean i fully believe it either

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
Okay, as far as the music goes for this album, straight up bullshit. I am not feeling this shit at all. I am not saying anything against Kanye personally and I am not gonna even try to guess why his music is getting progressively worse but DAYUM! This album is straight up camel dung......worthless! I just call it like I see or hear it. Wow! I am scared to listen to his future shit. Damn, Kanye! Shit's wack as hell.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
Just casue something is different or OUT the box dosent mean its good man,

Nicolay(producer) and phonte(from little brother) formed a group called the forgien exhange, they just put out there second album called 'leave it all behind", phonte is singing the entire album. its AMAZING casue dude can acutally sing... Nicolay did the 80's vibe beats and they were ACTUALLY good... This entire album is a well executed concept album...everything kanye's album wasent....
fuck 'ye this is the shit (same with the new evidence album). this is a tune i can't stop playin'

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
as much as i'd like to rip into Kanye's ass, i'll just say some artists that wanna achieve superfame tend to go outside what we're accustomed to... ive seen interviews from many artists, and we hear words like "experimental" and statements like, "i wanted to try another direction"... LL was the 1st person i heard this from with "Goin back to Cali", so i dunno if he's gonna come back to his roots, or stay "experimenting"... we gotta remember, he just dropped an album, and that autotune stuff is whats hot right now... i dont like it, but im not listenin to new Kanye stuff anyway... and who knows whats goin on with sample clearances... dont we got a thread on that?

da relic

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
as much as i'd like to rip into Kanye's ass, i'll just say some artists that wanna achieve superfame tend to go outside what we're accustomed to... ive seen interviews from many artists, and we hear words like "experimental" and statements like, "i wanted to try another direction"... LL was the 1st person i heard this from with "Goin back to Cali", so i dunno if he's gonna come back to his roots, or stay "experimenting"... we gotta remember, he just dropped an album, and that autotune stuff is whats hot right now... i dont like it, but im not listenin to new Kanye stuff anyway... and who knows whats goin on with sample clearances... dont we got a thread on that?

da relic

True that but LL only did one song. Kanye did an experimental album and in my opinion. They all sound the same. Retarded.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Classic, knows whats up!!!! SEEMS LIKE THEY ALL GOIN OUT DA "BOX",,,,, YA FAV'S ( common, ye)
i seen Classic on tha No. 5 train bumpin "Bust a move" on his cassette walkman sportin a JJ Fad sweatsuit... pls, gimme a break...lol

da relic

members online