Kanye's Donda album

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
With all the hype around this idiot and him spending weeks inside a stadium because of a mental breakdown, I figured I'd check the album.

Besides things like it's 27 tracks!!!! and the fact that the whole album seems like he's scared of piecing together an actual drum track, the main thing I noticed overall was his mix. WOW. Very thing and super compressed.

Is this what's acceptable now?

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I also listened to a few tracks floating around on YouTube. I am no expert but it was not impressive. I guess all the hype these days is in the promotion and marketing more than anything else.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I also listened to a few tracks floating around on YouTube. I am no expert but it was not impressive. I guess all the hype these days is in the promotion and marketing more than anything else.
That's what it is for all these artists today, but Kanye's cult following is one of the worst. Paying money to sit in a stadium while he just stands there flailing his arms to his own music? Seriously? And now he's saying that his label released it without his permission. Whatever.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Just fast forwarded thru the album, not a single fuck was given.

But really, I think the more fame you get, the higher the expectations. It feels like he made this album from listeners perspective (what 'people' like to hear), not his own. There are maybe 1 or 2 tracks that have his distinctive signature, the rest of the songs is just another 1 in a dozen...

I've had the same with the Dre album. Why these trap songs? Couldn't he just stick to his distinctive style, warm type of beats he used to produce?
When I hear the intro of The Chronic 2001 it immediately gets my attention. Listening to it is like watching a good movie where you really get pulled into the music.

Never enough of this:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just fast forwarded thru the album, not a single fuck was given.

But really, I think the more fame you get, the higher the expectations. It feels like he made this album from listeners perspective (what 'people' like to hear), not his own. There are maybe 1 or 2 tracks that have his distinctive signature, the rest of the songs is just another 1 in a dozen...

I've had the same with the Dre album. Why these trap songs? Couldn't he just stick to his distinctive style, warm type of beats he used to produce?
When I hear the intro of The Chronic 2001 it immediately gets my attention. Listening to it is like watching a good movie where you really get pulled into the music.

Never enough of this:

:this:

But what I really can't stand is people that go nuts like a cult would when their favorite artist comes out with ANYTHING. The album is trash but his fans don't want to admit it or they're blind to the reality that Kanye's music is not good. It's over hyped and just not well done. You'd think for someone at his level of fame, the label would make sure to put out a solid product. But people will eat up whatever's thrown at them I guess.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
A @Fade lot of things in music have been acceptable from the circlejerk sense regarding blind support from fans and @Fury Beats every musical era has the hype alone above the subjective quality of the music being hyped.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
:this:

But what I really can't stand is people that go nuts like a cult would when their favorite artist comes out with ANYTHING. The album is trash but his fans don't want to admit it or they're blind to the reality that Kanye's music is not good. It's over hyped and just not well done. You'd think for someone at his level of fame, the label would make sure to put out a solid product. But people will eat up whatever's thrown at them I guess.
Reminds me of an episode of the Wayan's Brothers where an art promoter/connoisseur "discovered" Marlon and Marlon pretended to be a high-end artist and she was into all of his so-called "art". He'd make paintings with the back of his shoes and threw paint on the canvas and it was still accepted and presented to crowds of people who applauded his "work".

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Reminds me of an episode of the Wayan's Brothers where an art promoter/connoisseur "discovered" Marlon and Marlon pretended to be a high-end artist and she was into all of his so-called "art". He'd make paintings with the back of his shoes and threw paint on the canvas and it was still accepted and presented to crowds of people who applauded his "work".
LOL, this is exactly what the art industry is still about. This is a cool documentary about it (banksy):

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This artist/celebrity worship is what drives all this nonsense. Most people will listen to mainstream music and have no clue about any underground/up-and-coming artists or they don't care to. It's a shame to see some famous artist (and I use that term loosely), release a single and within an hour it has millions of views. Yet someone with way more talent gets hardly anything.

Marketing and promotion is the key.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @Fade must remember Ye has stans just like Beyonce, etc. and mainstream was not always total garbage like today, it was a mix of below par, mid-tier, upper echelon, etc. and careful with the word talent as that word is an excuse for many artists e.g. "I'm talented so my work should speak for itself and marketing and promo doesn't matter" when I think that leads to artists having egos. Think about how many bitter-ass underground rappers were mad at the ones making money regardless of skill level, etc.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Thanks @nikwen and people forget there is a big difference between things a person can't control such as industry politics and conscious self sabotage of a career.