Kanye's protege: Bump J

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
http://www.allhiphop.com/streaming/BumpJ_Kanye_PuhaMan.wax

anyone else feelin this guy? he seems to have really picked up Kanye's style. he has that kind of flow and voice thats easy to listen to, plus he's mainly on Kanye's beats which is a bonus. ill definately be buyin this guys album when it drops. Chicago is becomin dominant.

sAfE.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
The track is pretty deceant. He sounds kind of like a young (but w/ a better flow) Jermaine Dupri.

ill o.g.
Man, Bump J is garbage. Apologies to his fans, but the man suckz. I ve heard his mixtapes. The only thing he can do is stay on beat. I dont know how he made it on NBA Live 2005 sound track. With those rhyme. This is not hating 101. This is a public service annoucement, some catz need to stick to drug dealing.

This is just my 2 centz. Take it or leave it.

Cloudchamber

ill o.g.
I don't see what the buzz is all about. He sounds just like everyone else to me--maybe even below average. The verses are okay, but the chorus is positively idiotic. On the plus side, the beat is nice (except I can't stand those pitch shifted vocals).

Just my $0.02

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Tune just seems average to me, not bad but not that good either

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
am feelin this, laid back joint. he sounds a lil kanye though, i couldnt tell the difference for a short bit. i guess he's an ok rapper, aint nothing new here, hell disappear within the year.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
well, it wouldn't suprise me if kanye wrote the chorus. and that's the only things that's similar to kanye imo.

i've heard him on a few mixtapes, haven't heard anything that has gotten my attention.

this song was pretty nice, i like the beat and i agree that he sounds like JD a bit, and like JD, his rapping ain't really special at all.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
im shocked - i thought this guy would be felt. but you are all right though, he is nothing special. i just like the whole Chi-Town thing right now. its comin through in my beats too... thats gotta stop lol.

sAfE.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Really it ain't all that. He seems to to just be a copy of Kanye. You can hardly tell them apart. What really got me is Kanye says he's in the same league as Nas or JayZ?? Dream on bro'. Maybe he was talking about something else besides lyrically. Anyway; this Bump J cat is going to have to bring it a little more original to even get a second look. The only thing that's carrying him now is Kanye's beat; and even that sounds like a B-side beat.
ONE

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
I heard about this dude a while ago in a magazine or somethin', but this is the first actual song I've heard from him.

My Analysis: He's just alright, like ya'll was sayin', he does kinda sounds like Kanye. I think he could work on his lyrics a little more tho.

The sad part is, I think he could make it in todays hip-hop society no problem.

-Roy

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dunno the beat is pretty good and the dudes arite, i agree notantying too special and the chorus is wack and there is so much rap/hiphop about dealing its ridiculus the subject matter in hiphop needs to go somewhere.

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dudes aight, theres plenty of kids out there that'll merk this cat lyrically without no hesitation, best of luck to him tho, he got kanye behind him so thats brownie points already.

members online