Kev Brown Question?

Hyconcepts

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Man, I just got done listening to that DJ Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent LP and got damn, that nigga Kev Brown samples, if they are even samples. I have no clue what the fuck that dude is chopping up. I ask around and brother said it was synths that he has are some shit then some cat said its samples. I know some of its samples such as Power Bars. That beat is just a chopped up piano, but on these songs I'm not so sure. I just need to know what he chopping up to get these types of beats. I haven;t heard any samples like this. I think he uses one sound, a piano and he just keys them on different levels. I'm not so sure. If you think Jay-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder ( Kev Brown Remix ), is a sample think again. I know it isn't a sample. Here are the joints he produced on the LP.

DJ Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent LP ( Kev Brown Produced )
02-Shake It Off
05-How I Do
08-Rock Wit U
09-Travelz
10-Scram
11-My Peoples
12-Know Ur Hood
15-We Are

PS: The albums on ********, if you do not have it. My username on the seek: drunkpunchlines. Hit me up, if you think you know any information. Thanks Hy

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont think anyone is gonna answer ur questions at any great length some things u have to firgure out urself.

but i will say from what i hear he definately samples, and uses a lot of filtered basslines.

but u could try asking big d he knows about kev

members online