Kobe Bryant and the Lakers....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yeah, this isnt about muzik, at all.......

what do you guys think of this whole sexual assault thing with Kobe Bryant? thats crazy,,,, i was wondering how many of you are basketball fans as well.....

also...

seing as how the Great Lakers just signed The Glove and The Mailman, and assuming that Kobe keeps his butt out of prison, (es, pun intended....!) who wants to place bets on who will win this years nba championship? i am willing to bet my whole setup against whoever here has the best one:D

The rest of the league, well... i am reall very sorry. this is going to be a tough time for you!!1

hey what do you guys think about the oreign guys that are playing now?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
LAKERS RULE! KOBE IS INNOCENT! as far as the championship?? ill keep my trap shut on that one! hey the NETS are doin' it B.I.G.!!!! Alonzo and JKidd?? WHEEWW

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For Kobe, that girl most likely is lying because he doesn't seem like the type of guy to do something like that, especially since he and his wife just had a kid. I don't think he's THAT stupid.

For the Lakers, I can't stand them. Kobe is a pretty boy that tries too much to act and play like Jordan, Shaq is an oversized kid that needs to do more than just pound the ball while he backs his ass into his opponents. Then you got that trouble maker Rick Fox, who's very sneaky. The Mailman is cool, but I think he'll fit in well with the Lakers because it looks like he'll do anything to get that ring, and Payton is a shit talker on the court so he'll fit in as well.

I know people think they'll automatically win the championship next year, but that's so far away. Anything could happen! Maybe Malone and Shaq will butt heads and maybe Kobe will get locked up before the season even starts! (LOL).

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
I think Kobe is innocent ... okay he's arrogant and everything but I don't think he's that kind of person.

As far as the "Dream team" the lakers have assembled, I really think they gonna have chemistry problems in the beginning but there's too much talent and experience for them not to win a title.

I hope they don't become an underachieving "Dream Team" as the Houston Rockets in the late 90's (Drexler, Olajuwon, Barkley and Pippen)

D

drew_petti

underacheiving

drexler was a year away from retirement
dream was on the downslide
chuck was fat
and robort horry was better for us than pippen ever was...

93-94 WORLD CHAMPS. BACK 2 BACK

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!!!!!!

kobe is innocent until proven guilty, but I dont know what to think. the guy bleeds red like the rest of us.

ROCKETS NEW LOGO:

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i really dont see Kobe as arrogant at all... and i dont really see him TRYING to play like Jordan. really, they play a different game, but certain tings- the fade away, the post up on the wing- those things are certainly things that he did. but as far as their roles within the team, Kobe serves the roles that both Mike AND Scottie Pippen took. He runs the offense as well as handles the primary scoring burden.

of course there are times when he takes too many shots; usually those times come when no one else is doing anything. remember, he averaged 7.5 assists for the first half of the season, until he was ASKED to score more. then he went out and averaged 40 for a month!!!! he is really just an introvert.... so that does come across as arrogant.

Shaq really is WAY more skilled than most people think he is, but he has got to be one of the laziest players i have ever seen. there are quite a few players with his size and some with similar strength, but none possess the footwork or coordination...

as far as rick fox, well, great teams usually do have a "troublemaker" type, that enforcer, because you really cant have your stars doing that type of dirty work.

actually, as far as the rockets, Clyde Drexler was only there for one year after charles barkely got there...he wasnt around when scottie got there. and scottie wasnt really given a role that he was comfortable with, because they made him a spot up three point shooter.

Payton and Malone are great players, and their respective games hould fit nicely in the Triangle. Karl Malone is an excellent jump shooter, which they need offensively to keep shaq from getting smothered and from other guads from doubling and tripling kobe.... and then payton allows you to rest shaq and play more of a transition game, because you would put fisher in the backcourt with him, move kobe to small forward and devean george at the 4, with karl at the 5.... very quick and athletic, and now kobe goes from being the distributor of the ball to the primary option without being worn down from running the offense.

of course, if kobe gets locked up none of this will matter, because other teams will have the same type of balance and options and the lakers lose their versatility.... and it would be anyones game....

damn didnt realize i wrote that much.... sorry..

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Its hard to call a team at the beginning of the year these days. Free agency and injuries make it impossible. I was shocked to see the Lakers go down this year. I'm not a fan but I guess everytime Shaq was on Leno, he claimed championship and this time they didn't get it.

I think too much of something good can be a bad thing. I think Payton is better than Fisher, and Malone and Shaq together? If you couldn't stop Carl and Stockton before, just imagine what's gonna happen now that he has Shaq to dump off to if he gets picked up driving to the lane. They are reupped for sure.

But then you can't forget about all the super rookies coming in too. I don't think much of Lebron but at 18 doing what he's doing...definietly interesting.

I used to be a die hard Sixer fan, but as cold as Iverson is, one man can not do it all. Speaking of which, was anyone able to hear any of his unreleased album? I also had a thing for Portland. I knew Bonzi Wells was money from day one but he and Wallace get mad way too fast. I saw him pull a stone court street move where he was acting like he was running back down after the defense rebounded the ball and right when they lazily lobbed the ball to the point guard he ran interception. I think that's why i like them....street game.

Ohh yeah, just last week, we were clearing out an old house. the owner passed away. I found a crap load of vinyl. Man! I found a 1971-72 Laker Championship record. Wilt Chamberlain was on the cover. I thought it was some old song the team recorded like Chicago Bears did but it was just the radio broadcast of the Championship game.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Michael Jordan was the illest..cause he could handle mad pressure and took on any challenge...but was still humble.

members online