konceptG sayin' "whaddup" from the land of the hot

• beat this! voting starts in...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Aiight... I've dropped in on a few posts so it's time to give an official "Whaddup doe" to y'all. I'm konceptG (known also as logic7, poppageorge, and subject28) chillin here in Phoenix, but I'm from Detroit, so I rep Tha D most of the time. I started making beats on an Atari 520ST and Alesis HR16B back in '91 and have been doing it on and off since then. I'm coming off of a hip-hop production hiatus of 8 years to try to re-inject some good shit into this music.

Initially, my beats are prolly gonna sound a lot like hip hop circa 1993 to 1998 'cause that's the point in time I think it was at its best and most creative. I think hip hop needs to revisit that era, but bring some of the new techniques along for the ride.

After this weekend, I'm gonna be running my P3-850/768MB machine with Win2k, Cubase SX2, FL Studio 6, Reason 2.5, Rebirth 2 ('cause everyone needs an 808!), and my collection of VSTi's. I'm downgrading my machine from it's current WinXP to 2000 to free up more clock cycles and RAM.

I'll post some new tracks as soon as I get 'em done.

members online