Korg announces M3 Music Workstation/Sampler (Hardware with plug-in editor)

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
From Korg.com

"The Next Coming of M

The M3 heralds the third generation of Korg Workstations. The M1 started it all, first appearing in 1988 to bring the world a new concept called the "music workstation." It went on to become the best selling workstation in history, and was further expanded and enhanced through the T and O1/W series. Trinity defined a new level of innovations including touch screen technology and configurable effects, and was the forbearer of the successful TRITON range of products.

Now Korg is poised to refine the
workstation category once again.

The M3 features a number of innovations distilled from the flagship OASYS including the new EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator derived from the HD-1 engine design, the advanced second-generation KARMA functionality, and the multi-purpose control surface. Adding innovations such as the new concept of "virtualized hardware" that allows an even closer integration with DAW systems, Drum Tracks which provide a instant groove to play along with, and the new "Korg Komponent System" concept that facilitates more flexible system construction, the M3 music workstation/sampler opens a new and exciting page in music making, and is the workstation that rightfully deserves to wear the "M" that started it all."

http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?a_prod_no=M3

Man this shit looks crazy.

Color screen
Enhanced Definition Synthesis engine
High-Resolution sequencer
Virtualized hardware

Time 2 get ya paper up.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
that looks incredible. the video demos made me drool

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
this shit looks more impressive to me than the new yamaha piece .. ive never owned a korg peice either so maybe its time lol

wow ive hardly ever impressed with a demo but that dude was making som e crazy soundin shit ...some of the guitar and middle eastern sounds he was making were crazy

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i heard that thing is gonna start in the mid $2000 range, i hope the module version will be much cheaper than that because i dont need the keys. kinda funny Roland didnt announce anything that would really compete with this and the Motif XS.

members online