korg es-1

O

open mind

hi korg es-1 welcome to illmuzik.:) lol just kidding.

djesus welcome to illmuzik! ask hardware questions in the hardware section of the forum.read rules and have fun.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got an ES 1. Amazing ass piece of machinery. If anyone is thinking about getting an ES 1 though, try to go for the ESX 1 instead if you can.

I wonder if they're gonna release a successor to the ESX

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ive been using the esx for a few month and think the machine is mad dope but im comming from using the sp505.

but the few issues i got with the machine is that u cant turn off quantise when real-time recording to it is always shifting the timmming of ur notes which is annoying for drum programming.

also this may be fault with my machine cos i got it off ebay but the output r noisy a hell i gotta admit it seems to mainly the headphone jack and im finding when i turn the tube gain up the extra volume of the music masks the background noise.

but the machin is good, sounds big and can do clean and dirty sounding tracks and has the best sample manipulation ive seen.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the quantise is definitely pretty annoying for me, but its not a deal breaker. Instead, I suppose it adds to the ES' uniqueness, and if u programmed in some drums using the pattern keys, you could come up with some fat and unique results.

jawanza malik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i got a esx 1 and i call it the matrix cuz it does wha i wan.
the only thing now is that it doesn't turn on fully
now im torn between gettin it fixed or jus buyin a new beat machine.
Hey isn't the es a older version of da esx1?

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the OG version of the ESX was the ES1, ive heard stories about the esx blowing up or overheating but mine is running legit i only wish the outputs were not so nosey ive got over the quantise issue but ireclon they could rectify this with a firmware upgrade.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got the ESX yesterday, havent even plugged it in yet. Was surprised to see that its bigger than the ES 1. Looking forward to using these two with the mv 8k.