Korg Legacy Collection

K.C

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Has anyone used these plug-ins ?, Ive read afew articals and it sounds pretty useful.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
It's an emulator of the

1. Polysix - polyphonic 6 voice analog
2. MS20 - Portable modular
3. Wavestation - Vector synth
4. FX - compressor, limiter, overdrive, equalizer, talking modulator, flanger, phaser, chorus, delay, reverb, etc
5. Legacy Cell - Combines all of the above in numerous amounts in a single patch ( thaz pwitty sick ).

with this set comes a midicontroller that looks exactly ( 84% of original size ) like the ms20 itself including the patchrouting.

http://www.portlandmusiccompany.com/korglegacy_pics/LEGACY.jpg

it lacks a dsp chip, there's also no ide card anything and the ms controller is merely a bunch of knobs. This means that a low latency audiocard is required and a fast cpu/frontbus, talking at least 1,6 gHz.

Considering the issue above, i can think of a pretty nasty combo with the Korg Microcontrol. The gui of the Legacy kit has a controller embedded based on the Microcontrol to tweak all of synths, besides the ms20 obviously.

Combine this with the Emulator X farmcard to support the lot with the dsp power and use the drumpads on the microkontrol to work with a mpc ( but sounding like a sp1200, emulator or whatever emu sampler ) feel to it and with no latency.

That's a nasty cheap little daw! Definitly a hiphop producer setup and beats the costs of even the mpc1k.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
ive messed wit it i just wanted the sounds i ain't usin it for technicall shit but its got what i need

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
No, could be either one package since it's all software, if you're thinking about adding some serious hardware to this sort of kit I'd suggest getting the EmulatorX studio with the break out box. This way you can also profit from the TFpro pre amps ( also used on HD192! ). Anyway, a setup like this would have a price range from

ca. 700 bucks ( emuX+Legacy ) to
ca. 1400 bucks ( emuX studio+Legacy+microkorg controller), also thinking of a
ca. 1000 bucks on a emuX+Legacy+Microkorg.

That last setup would be a great beginners pc-only set, with having nearfield monitors in mind for the next obvious purchase.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah man, that last one is all me...Not that im a beginner in tha sense, but im also assuming that uve been in tha game way longer than me - which is probably tru,....anyway, its more in my price range than anything else....Plus, i want tha MICRO to def!!!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Word, im installing the emu x tonight, the small version on a amd 899/512mb. It's an M version so it rocks the same HD192 converters which is quite nice. I'll put out a track sometime next week so to give some examples how it sounds and what it can do.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
In Euro's ? hehe. I dunno, it wasn't mine either, I rocks the Hammerfall! But it was for a friend, he got himself the Emulator X without Breakout box. Installing is ez but the internal routing options are so amazing that my perspective is making it complex for myself at situations where I am setting up a session ( something in which I make a template signal routing they call sessions that in certain aspect simulates the controlroom setup at our studio ). That was done in Logic 5.1, but I also used FL4.1 with the card and I can route each channel from the FLmixer to the mixer in Logic or cubase ( which comes with the box ). Also the Emulator X sampling software itself is pretty convenient and comes complete with all needed functions. Unfortunatly, the pc is merely an amd 899Mhz did get a boost to 512 ram, the minimum spec is 1,5 Ghz and 512ram. This also means I havent been able to complety get the best out of it due low performance, this baby needs an Intel P4 and motherboard ( not AMD ). But I've been impressed so far, the output is incredible, just routing the SL's into the back and recording a little session sounds very clear and the 120dB snr is notable by the amount of headroom the card gives as if the music has room to breath.

I also just saw that 0404 on here , something I hadn't seen yet but would seem like a competent budget card. Mind you, you get a stripped dsp card for 99 bucks, now you point to a cheaper dsp audio card hehe-

members online