Lab Setup HELP

P

pisnut

This is mad broad, but here it goes. Aight I got a triton, I got fruityloops, I got logic and a mac, and i use my table alot. Basically, does anyone know what people like Kanye or Just Blaze use for their setup? Software and connection between their akai's, keyboards, samplers...Basically my setup is just too annoying ot get anything done.

Thanks yall

Pinsut

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Well i seen in scratch the only thing Kanye uses was a asr-10 for sampling, mpc for drum programing and a aleise sound module for keyboard sounds and stuff, just blaze an mpc-4000 and a synth but don't know the software they use,

x.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im not sure either what type of software they use, but if I had to make a wild guess I would have to say a hig end version of Pro Tools since thats seems to be the industry standard these days.

C

Carpe Diem

Ozmosis said:
Im not sure either what type of software they use, but if I had to make a wild guess I would have to say a hig end version of Pro Tools since thats seems to be the industry standard these days.

Yep, its probably gonna be Pro-Tools or Logic

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
<<<<<<<<<<<< the man

Just Blaze has loaaddzz of different synths, he mainly likes the ones from Roland though. He doesnt use any software at all, he says he tried to get into it, but couldnt. (thats what he says in his most recent intereview, hit me up if u want a link)

sAfE.

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
pisnut....you need something that connects all that together...like an motu828...or a digi002 rack or mixer....mbox is pretty cheap....but u need somethin that connects ur keyboard (triton) to the computer so u can run the audio inside and record on tracks.....i use a triton studio 88key run it thru an mpc4000, the mpc is connecte to my motu 828 with quarter inch cables....the motu828 is connected to my mac laptop with a firewire....i use digital performer for my software to record audio into tracks, never fuck with midi, i like samplin and resampling my own sounds....DP is easy 2 use even tho i hate it...im savin up for a digi002, which is what i heard alchemist uses with pro-tools...

chek out tha beats and the tracks...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/maestroformadmanentertainmentmusic.htm
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/maestroformadmanentertainmentmusic.htm

members online