Label I work for has a new project for me

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
So the label I do "work for hire" beats for just hooked me up with a nice stash of samples to work with. They just negotiated with some performing arts agency and actually have permission to use these samples. They are popular songs from the 60's, 70's and a few 80's I think. Dont wanna get into names but i was surprised at some of the bigger named people they have permission from. Anyways, they sent me this dvd of full songs (theres 43) "specifically commissioned" to 5th Sequence (exactly what it says on this lil contract thing they sent with it lol.. had to put that in there).

It's cool cuz it saves me money from having to dig for shit and these samples are already cleared.

THE ONLY THING THOUGH*** There is absolutely no vinyl crackle in these samples. Also, they sent my label a dvd of the songs they negotiated for as 1 single file so I have to cool edit the shit out of everything lol. AND they also recorded too hot on some of the songs and like 3 of them are clipping and distorted a bit becuase of it. Label had nothin to do with it they just relayed the dvd but ah well.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man thats sick, so do they want u to do a bunch of loops n shit or is it just however u wanna flip them

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Good shit 5th! It's nice to see some Ill heads getting some love and respect fo their hard work. Now murder them samples and let the label know how you do! Keep it up!

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn, thats about as good as it gets right there. did they ask you to give them a certain number of tracks from those samples? or specific tracks they want you to flip (you dont have to name any dont worry, lol). or were they just like "heres some samples we happened across...

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
They didnt give me a specific number of tracks i NEED to make from that bunch of samples but they told me to come up with whatever I can from them. I havent had a serious sitdown session to make something from the batch though, I gotta get started on this. theres just so many samples to choose from i'm actually a lil intimidated as to where I should start. I'm gettin crackin on it tho

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Are you allowed to find those beats on vinyl and work with them?

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
yeah i'm sure that wouldnt be a problem. I dont want to go dig for the samples that I already have though i'll just be lazy an use what they gave me. I have my ways of adding my vinyl touch but... might not be the same.

ROD

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
cant you record the end of an old record for the crackle then layer that on top on the sample?

RaO large

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo 5th, Congrats on the assignment! I've heard your flip joints and there all dope kid. If I were you, I would have those people resend those samples. You might as well ask, it wont hurt. Remeber, your the producer. No need to do that grunt work when you can have an intern or assistant do that work for you. Don't be afraid to ask for those kind of things. Once you get results and you see the time you save you'll be glad you did it.

Congrats and good luck.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
thanks guys, appreciate it. I ended up editing out each song myself.. took forever. out of the samples the 40+ songs they gave me, only 1 of them i was actually feeling to the point where i thought i could realistically do something with. the others were pretty much waste, and i actually spent time on each one seein what i could do with them.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
that sux, but 1 out of 40 beats none out of none anyday.

but i feel u, theres no worse feeling than feelin like u've wasted time.

well.. maybe gauhnoreah is worse than that but i dunno.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
5th Sequence said:
thanks guys, appreciate it. I ended up editing out each song myself.. took forever. out of the samples the 40+ songs they gave me, only 1 of them i was actually feeling to the point where i thought i could realistically do something with. the others were pretty much waste, and i actually spent time on each one seein what i could do with them.

damn 1 out of 40 who the hell did they have choose the songs to send

good ish either way keep doin ya thing

members online