laptop connection to monitor speakers headfuck

• Thread starter Equality 7-2521
  • Start date
E

Equality 7-2521

wsup fam

i got a mad fucked up confusing problem.

im trying to hook up my monitor speakes to my laptop output.

now...

i can hear a little bit of hiss when my headphones are plugged into my laptops built in soundcard output (as expected). i can hear no hiss at all when i plug my headphones into my Echo Indigo pcmcia laptop soundcard output (as expected).

but...

when i try to hook up my monitor speakers to either the laptops built in soundcard output or my Echo Indigo soundcard output, i get mad popping, hiss and a strange buzzing sound which apears to be directly linked to the movements of my mouse. (the buzzing sound linked to my usb mouse is more defined and high pitched than the buzzing sound linked to the built in touch pad mouse built into the laptop)

i have tried brand new cords. and am wondering if balanced/unbalanced cables/plugs would be the cause of this problem or not. i initially ruled it out as i have read that it cannot cause problems this obvious and especially not over short cable lengths. mine is about 1.5 meters.

so what the fuck do you guys reckon is going on here. with headphones, all is dandy. with monitor speakers, everything is fucked even with the Echo soundcard. my little computer monitor speakers (small pieces of shit) seem to work absolutely fine too. no mouse noise and popping shit.

as i have tried new cables and headphones work fine i figure the only other variable is the monitor speakers. but i get no hiss from the monitor speakers when they recieve the output of my dj mixer playing the sound from my turntables.

it seems that the monitor speakers just doesnt want to be mates with my laptop.

i dunno.

im baffled.

help...

Shortaay

ill o.g.
I had the same problem with my laptop, I don't know why but it seems that there is an internal mic in most laptops... mute the mic input on your volume control.. it worked for me hope it helps you out as well

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
good lookin on that link... i get this problem...

members online

No members online now.