laptop humm lil question

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
k now when my laptop power plug is plugged in i get a hum out of my monitors but when its not plugged its fine. so my question is is there anyway to get rid of that or is that just how it is,cause when my battery is low that humm drives me insane!!!!!!

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
its a dell laptop whether i play it through the soundcard or out the headphone jack with rca's when its plugged in i get a crazy humm when its unpluged its fine i think i just gotta get like 2 more batteries and keep switching i dont know its pretty wierd

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
check your line and mic in ( mute em), laptop mostly have noisy soundcards and in case of the mac laptop, there's a this issue with firewire and the psu interferening ( which also means... keep your powercords away from the audiocables! )

I';m so stupid, i never even thought about the audio properties,,,,word. Yeah mute them, that should do the trick yo. I gotta stop smokin,,,,shit is fuckin up my memory,,,

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
no doubt form im goona mute everything on the comp and try plugging it away from everything else

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
try this:

1) Take all your power cables and make sure they're perpendicular to your audio cables/speaker wires. Sometimes hum is created that way.

2) Make sure your laptop is plugged into the same outlet as all your other audio equipment.

3) Use a ground lift (goes from three prongs to two prongs) for your power cable.

4) Smoke some weed and hope that you can just ignore it.