Lawyers

yungboss

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Can someone point me in tha direction of a good lawyer, I'm copywriting my beats and I need someone to guide me through. Any suggestions?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
You dont need a lawyer, this is it right here...

To register your song with the Copyright office, do the following:

1. Send a request for a form PA application to the Copyright Office, Library of Congress, 101 Independence Avenue, S E., Washington, D.C. 20559-6000 or download the application from the website: www.copyright.gov

Note: To order an application by telephone, call (202) 707-9100.

2. When the application is completed (properly), send it back to the Copyright Office with:

(a) If unpublished - One copy of manuscript, lead sheet OR sound recording of the best edition…or
(b) If published - Two copies of manuscript (sheet music) OR a sound recording of the best edition…and
(c) The appropriate non-refundable registration fee, which is presently $45, by money order, bank draft or check, made payable to Register of Copyrights.

Now, the wait time for application processing, and getting you your certificate back in the mail is kind of long (about 5 to 6 months), but your song is actually registered as soon as the Copyright Office gets your package (if everything is correct in the package; the application, and the fee).

Hope that helps,

dac

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Use entertainment lawyers to expand your contacts and get your beats in the hands of potential industry clients. To find a good one network wit artists and producers in your local scene who seem to be making advancements in their career and see who they are using. These guys are a part of the industry gatekeeping system.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I went for a consult once when i was trying to do the artist thing a few years ago and buddy could have done something with me but i didnt have the bread to go all the way. He (I forgot dudes name) was the one who first got pitbull on the radio down here and I think he did some stuff with Poe Boy. I got put on to him the same way I suggested earlier in the thread. Im in a decent position right now as far as shopping tracks cause I do some A&R work for one of the most recognizable hip hop labels outta miami and my contacts list is pretty strong. It took alot of work and if I could have afforded it I definitaly would have retained that attorney.