LeBron to the Heat!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Wow...

I was hoping Chicago...

But the Heat will win the title.... (if they all stay healthy).

Thoughts??

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Dude got heart being a king in a small pond to be a big fish in a medium pond. Lots of people are MADDD tho lol.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Its going to be interesting who else the heat will get. The Big 3 and the rest all league minimum guys.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Its gonna be weird to see because Wade is a crazy offensive threat but then to have Bosh and James?

If this big three becomes even a little bit better than what the Celtics were.... shiiiiiiiiit....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Me too I was hoping he would go to the Bulls. Going to the Heat is good for some reasons but I don't think it's going to necessarily mean they're going to win right away.

By having 3 all stars on the team, that means each guy will have to scale back a bit so that they can all play together. You can't have each guy going full force with the ball like they've been doing with their previous teams.

Also, with the Heat signing all 3, that means they have to get some low budget players for the rest of the team because there's no money left!

If he went with the Bulls, he'd have Boozer, Dueng, Heinrich, Rose, Noah and Miller. The only problem with the Bulls is that they just hired a rookie coach (I think). The Heat went and got Pat Riley so that itself is a huge incentive.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
The Heat have always had Riley, but he won't coach....

The pieces fit better in Chicago...But NOW anyone can take over the game....I think it would work..I think Bosh will be the one that would take less shots/points...I think Lebron/Wade are going to be like Jordan/Pippen....only time will tell...

I do know there are going to be a shitload of televised Heat games...

DUDE...CHECK OUT THIS LETTER FROM THE OWNER OF THE CAVS..

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/gilberts_letter_to_fans_james.html

Late Thursday night, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert issued the following statement on LeBron James' departure from the franchise.

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Let Miami start out slow and I gurantee Pat Riley will go from GM to coach in a heart beat. He did that when Shaq came to Miami, they started out slow Riley fired Stan Van Gundy and made himself the coach. Spoelstra is on the hot seat already.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Lets just hope the chemistry is right between these guys. We've all seen what happens when several "superstars" get on the same team and the chemistry just isn't correct. The Lakers had troubles in the past but have great chemistry now and Bostons chemistry may have been even better this year than previous years.

Hey I wonder if Jay Z's ties to "The Illuminati" had anything to do with LeBron picking Miami? LMAO j/k, thats another thread.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
People are shitting on Lebron everywhere..calling him a coward...a sellout...etc...

People forget that the NBA is A BUSINESS..

How many players put their heart and soul into a franchise...(just look @ Patrick Ewing)....Only to NOT be re-signed....Or traded against their will....are they supposed to talk shit about the organization?? No....Why? Because the answer they would say is...."it is the nature of the business" Fuck that....I'm happy for LeBron..who will take LESS MONEY TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP....

I'm pulling for LeBron to win a ring....now more than ever...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
calm down bro! lol, I feel ya though... LeBron is a human being that has his own personal goals. Obviously, he didn't feel like he could reach his goals staying in Cleveland. His decision wasn't about money, fame, or anything of that nature because he already has that, so for people to start tripping on him is ridiculous imo. The way I see it, he gave the Cavs a shot, if anyone has failed, it was them. To release a letter like the owner did doesn't draw a picture of LeBron, it draws a picture of the owner/author of the letter.

Cleveland doesn't need to hate LeBron, they need to rethink their loyalty to the Cavs owner.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Indeed, it IS a business. Same thing with Garnett - he was going nowehere with the Wolves so it was time for him to go somewhere else so he could finally win. But then there's tons of players that never win a championship because of shitty organizations, like Barkley, Ewing, Mailman.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Cleveland doesn't need to hate LeBron, they need to rethink their loyalty to the Cavs owner.

That letter is foreshadowing using LeBron's departure as a scapegoat for Cleveland's future failures.....

Win before LeBron? Hahahaha If they get a time machine and trade for MJ when he was drafted...

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
People are shitting on Lebron everywhere..calling him a coward...a sellout...etc...

People forget that the NBA is A BUSINESS..

How many players put their heart and soul into a franchise...(just look @ Patrick Ewing)....Only to NOT be re-signed....Or traded against their will....are they supposed to talk shit about the organization?? No....Why? Because the answer they would say is...."it is the nature of the business" Fuck that....I'm happy for LeBron..who will take LESS MONEY TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP....

I'm pulling for LeBron to win a ring....now more than ever...
exactly... mofos hate when the shits in reverse... i dont know how many times ive read in the papers about a player in the locker room, gettin dressed... or he's at home sleep.. and he gets a call in the middle of the night, by a bunch of reporters tellin him he's just been traded, and he has no idea what tha fucks goin on... fuck the fukkin owners... shit happens!

da relic

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
maaaaaaaaaaan yall bois just dont KNOW!

Pat has been working on this very plan for 3 years now. Spo is gonna be the coach, Wade loves the guy, he was the one who would do the one on one workouts with him before he was head coach, and wade gives him the most credit for developing him into the player that he is today. The guy is a young Riley, but since he came up through the heat organization people tend to not give him his props.

Look at it this way, he took a 15 win team to a 42 win team to a 45 win team...and NOBODY can say that they expected miami to do any better than that. The guy is champ pedigree, defensive minded, professional, old school. He started out as the teams VIDEO guy for chrissake, and has impressed Riley enough to get the top job, trust ya'll he is VERY worthy.

You gotta remember too that Wade is the only champ on the team so its not a problem for him to be the leader. They had the introduction party last night at the AAA, you KNOW Miami couldnt wait to party with these bois, and they brought the guys out in there uniforms. When they were doing the introduction ceremony you could see it on all of them, they were just giddy, like genuinely happy 25 year olds who just landed the best job in the world....max contracts with the best players and MIAMI.

The thing that gets lost on alotta folks, and it will be proven when they get out on the court, is that these guys are FRIENDS. Real, genuine, friends....and they want to dominate the league TOGETHER. When Wade was asked what this new team was gonna be all about he said one word...Sacrifice. This shit is gonna work, if you know anything about Pat Riley you know that he is the dude that can pull this off, and he doesnt need to be on the bench to do it...He is like Phil Jackson just substitute the zen swag for Armani pimp, gangsta swag.

As far as players to come down, the Three Kings are down to work their contracts to accommodate Mike Miller comming in for 5 years at 30 mil....They are looking at my man D. Fish, we might get Big Z to start at center, Raja Bell has been on sports radio saying he wants in and he will play for whatever (raja is from round da way). Dorell Wright may return, he's a 6'9" swingman with crazy athleticism and a cold corner three. I'd love to see Hustle Haslem back but he'll prolly got get paid, and he should. There are players out there, and this aint the first time Pat has done this. Remember we had big head Gary Payton on our team for 2 years playing for the minimum...150 free agents left....we gonna have a team, THIS YEAR.

If you remember we did it in 05 when we got shaq and we would have been in the finals that yr if it wasnt for a late game 7 injury to D. Wade

When they asked Bosh what playing on this team would be like he laughed and said it was gonna be like a video game, he went on to say think about it I grab a rebound and I can outlet to Lebron on my left or D. Wade on my right. That comment led to an evil laugh shared by all of em. This shit is real ya'll and its gonna work.

Lastly when they asked bron why he came he responded "I came to win campionshipSSSSSS, not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven"

Its on. Great time to be at the bottom of the map.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Lets just hope the chemistry is right between these guys.

Agreed, you can put all the best stars together, but that doesn't mean the team will be any better... they all know they're stars, so they want to shine... so we'll see what happens.

In any case, I stopped watching basketball in the mid 90's, so I don't care where Lebron goes haha.

members online