Lessons For Up & Coming Producers

Status
Not open for further replies.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
16 bit digital audio is 16 bit digital audio. a midi sequencer with 96 ppqn is a midi sequencer with 96 ppqn. the same result can be achieved by all. the mpc does have different a/d and d/a convertors as to all hard samplers but digi out through s/pdif and load your sample from zip disc or whatever and there is NO DIFFERENCE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
and like people often say when they post this shit I WAS A LONG TIME MPC AND HARDWARE SYNTH USER ALL MY ORIGINAL KIT WAS WHAT IT WAS BECAUSE COMPUTER WEREN'T FAST ENOUGH YET FOR THE SHIT THEY DO NOW !!!!! idiotsssssss that think 16 bit 44.1 k is different program to program is nuts it is different when you eq pan etc. but 16 bit 44.1 is 16 bit 44.1 24 bit 88.2 whatever is 24 bit 88.2 !!!!!!!!

blah blAH ENOUGH GEEKY BULLSHIT HALF THE PEOPLE ON HERE AT LEAST PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW ALL OF THIS BULLSHIT I DON'T KNOW WHAY SHIT IS EXPLAINED TO IDIOTS THAT ARGUE SOMTIMES !!!!!!

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.

2_nice said:
I DON'T KNOW WHAY SHIT IS EXPLAINED TO IDIOTS THAT ARGUE SOMTIMES !!!!!!
nodding head in agreement.....Medicine Man The XXL with G unit in balck and white on the cover 9th wonder does state he used Fruity for "Threats"

Medicine Man

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Ya, I found a couple of interviews saying that 9th used FL and Cubase for everything he's ever done. I guesse I was wrong, and shit, I thought my source was so creditable. It just goes to show you that you shouldn't ever believe everything that gets said via word of mouth.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Fa sho homey ...everyone makes mistakes.. at least u maned up and said u did...alot peeps would either of kept makin excuses or disappeared until cats forgot about it

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sup Kevin, Sup Formant jus returning from the country, Louisville, Kentucky - I bet most of y'all never heard of that place but think of Tobaccer, Cows and more Cows. But dropping a note saying that I am glad things reached to an understanding, and the way it seems we were on all different levels of thinking. I guess I was all along using my lack of equipments as a reason not to work harder when all along the hits were truly inside, you know. And I think that out a all the lessons that may come out of this thread, I think that may be one of the best lesson there is to ever share....
Only My Thoughts.

Medicine Man

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Man, this thread has been crazy. I feel like some people took what I was saying and turned it around, and people seem to make way to many false assumptions.

For Format, Kevin and others:
I DO own an MPC, and I DO use a PC with Fruity Loops, Acid, Sound Forge, Reason and alot of soft synths. Earlier in the thread a few people thought I used hardware, while others thought I used software and not hardware. I USE BOTH! So if I criticize a piece of equipment you cannot acuse me of being ignorant 'cause I don't own that type or piece of equipment. And in terms of what I know, well I don't know everything in the world about audio production, but I do know alot. I have a bachlors degree in audio engineering from E'xpression, Center For New Media in Berkley California. I've been making beats for about 7-8 years now and make scrilla off of it, not that much but enough. I also work as a free-lance sound engineer in the studio and live. I've been doing that for like 4 years. I just had to get that off my chest because people keep writing things about my knowledge and experiance without actually knowing anything about me.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
If something is learned, the experience is always worth it. Most of us do go the ruff way in order to learn the point, I myself wonder why I'm not understood sometimes, when I think I'm speaking plain english. It's takes man to come to himself and admit it and progress. Respect @ Krzy

Status
Not open for further replies.