Let It Be Known That...

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Holla @ Ya Boys\Girls,

Wassup?

We - THE BELOVED ILLMUZIK STAFF - do not support all the '50 Cent, Game, JayZ, Eminem, Kanye West' diss\beef threads. These topics are of no interest, so to speak.

We don't wanna tell ya: "DON'T POST THESE KIND OF MESSAGES, TOPICS ETC", but please try to be considerate enough by avoiding flooding our precious forums with all this nonsense.

When will ya'll understand that this is the most disgraceful part of HIP-HOP culture, the same culture we all love and chrerish (hopefully).

All these fake rappers (and producers) are ruining the art, ruining HIP-HOP culture and its fundamentals; RUINING OUR VISION, AS WELL AS OUR DREAM CONCERNING OF WHAT HIP-HOP SHOULD BE, HOW IT SHOULD SOUND AND HOW IT SHOULD BE TAUGHT.

IllMuzik is not about that; we are here to preserve HIP-HOP; we are here to take HIP-HOP to the next level.

Also, do not forget that these forums are yours and were made for you to:
ask\talk freely\consult and so on. This is an internet production forum - very true, but most significantly - THIS IS A COMMUNITY, A COMMUNITY THAT IS BASED ON MUTUAL TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP. Thus, TROUBLEMAKERS WILL BE TREATED IN A FITTING MANNER.

We are at your service 24/7. Feel free to reply and share your ideas\opinions and comments.

Thank You In Advance,
The IllMuzik Staff

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
This is my opinion, but...

I'm not a big fan of all the '50 Cent, Game, JayZ, Eminem, Kanye West... and the others, but I think that's because of my age. Back then, Hiphop was not what it is now. The game changed a lot in the last 10 years. Now, more than ever, it's all about the bling, f**king, gang banging and all that crap. As I said, I'M not into it (and, obviously, so are the mods) but I'm pretty sure that the young ones here (I mean like 18 and down, even if I'm sure there are exceptions) can only relate to what is hiphop right now.

I mean, they cant really relate to Grand Master Flash, Public Enemy, Grand Puba... In those times, hiphop was different, production was different. Yes, there was talk about the bling, and the girls, but not in the same way...

Time changed and so did hiphop (unfortunately)...

Well, what I mean to say is that, for some here, hiphop IS all the '50 Cent, Game, JayZ, Eminem, Kanye West.... of course, they can learn otherwise, but right now, it's what they know... A better option, in my mind would be to open a special room for those kind of topics... that was they wont be in the way of other topics...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ok....

well looks like i am in the middle of this one... i cant agree with wings views on wheter or not these are "real" rappers and "real" producers- that isnt even the issue to address to my understanding. thats his perspective or whatever but as staff it really isnt are job to dictate what is acecptable as "real" hip hop for discussion or isnt.... its to keep the site moving at a peaceful, productive pace. wings, your vision may be very different from somebody elses..... these topics may be of no interest to you, but it obviously is of interest to a lot of people on the site, as evidence by the massive amount of threads those names generate.

fact is, these are the central, best known figures of todays scene- both politically and musically-and as such merit discussion in any forum.

the issue, i would like to point out, is the fact that we as a site have sort of turned into a hip hop discussion forum. the actual production topics and discussions have been on a steady decline for sometime now... our focus is shifting. as a staff, we would simply like to see the site begin to get back to the production element a little bit more then it has been as of late.

also, if there is a 50 cent/game/jay z/whoever topic thats active, keep all posts concerning them in that thread. we do not need 20 50 cent threads, one for each beef or each article. if it were the roots, def jux, whoever artistand we had 20 threads abuot them the issue would be the same. it clutters the site.

again, im sorry but i have to disagree with wings, the issue is not WHO is being discussed, it is that the vast majority of threads are turning into generic gossip threads.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Cold, you missed my point - i have no problem with regular discussions!
HOWEVER, I do have problems with all these beef\diss threads. Those threads are our problem!

'These topics are of no interest' - again - BEEF\DISS threads.

I do agree with the rest of the things you've written.

Cheers,
Wings

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
^^^thats the thing though... the site IS interested in the beef/diss topics. thats why the threads get to 6-7 pages within days.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah there's no problem with discussing certain things - you can discuss what you want, that's what The Lounge is for, but it's just that like Truth said, this forum is turning more and more into a Hip-Hop forum, instead of a Hip-Hop Production forum. There are hardly any more discussions about the newest gear, tips & advice, etc.

Everyone can keep discussing what you want, but just please try to keep everything together. We don't want to see a million different threads about the same rapper. And let's focus on PRODUCTION!

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i've noticeed in the last 6 months all the posts are getting pretty gay... i dont wanna talk shit but it aint just the diss/beef threads.... its a bunch of bullshit stuff... with a bunch of responses and opinions of people who just started producing or havent even gotten started yet, talking like they know something... i dont wanna sound like a grumpy ass ol man or something... but getting advice or feedback about anything from a 17 year old who's first exposure to hip hop was 50 cent makes me not wanna waste my time....maybe yall can make a kiddy room or something... there are alot of heads on here i respect, but their posts have been dwindling lately, myself included

T

The Bastard

WingsOfAnAngel said:
Cold, you missed my point - i have no problem with regular discussions!
HOWEVER, I do have problems with all these beef\diss threads. Those threads are our problem!

'These topics are of no interest' - again - BEEF\DISS threads.

I do agree with the rest of the things you've written.

Cheers,
Wings
beefs and disses are part of hip hop....competition baby

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
at the end of the day, the beefs will lead to the battles and the battles are an integral part of hip-hop. yes, i understand that sometimes there can be multiple threads on certain topics but to say it ruins hip-hop is wrong. the battles are one of the elements of hip-hop and however you opinionate the 50 cent beef or whoever, you shouldnt say it ruins hiphop because the jayz/nas beef was one that elevated the hiphop game to a certain extent at that time.

T

The Bastard

Streetwize said:
at the end of the day, the beefs will lead to the battles and the battles are an integral part of hip-hop. yes, i understand that sometimes there can be multiple threads on certain topics but to say it ruins hip-hop is wrong. the battles are one of the elements of hip-hop and however you opinionate the 50 cent beef or whoever, you shouldnt say it ruins hiphop because the jayz/nas beef was one that elevated the hiphop game to a certain extent at that time.
.....tru dat

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
always find something better to be interested in

Fade said:
this forum is turning more and more into a Hip-Hop forum, instead of a Hip-Hop Production forum. There are hardly any more discussions about the newest gear, tips & advice, etc.

We don't want to see a million different threads about the same rapper. And let's focus on PRODUCTION!

That thought appeared to me as well. I've been pondering posting tips, but the people don't seem interested, except for newbies who don't read manuals. You can't really blame them either. Illmuzik is ahead of it's time on production information. It's not much you need to know about production that hasn't already been posted several times. Even threads with tons of links to other music production information. The programs and hardware haven't changed drastically either. I'd like to see more things happen in the lab, experiments getting done, people working together. Maybe a place where you documant the process of your next track and share it with others, and make it a sticky thread. Maybe some threads were you get some production homework. Maybe some classes where a teacher gives out homework, whatever. I think the Lab is a place where we should be innovative about our production. More and better sticky threads in the lab!

And wings I think I understand your point, if you are going to loose interest, find something better to be interested in. But there seems to be more people involve in this genre who can't than can. Only the maker of rules can put an end to that, otherwise with freewill you can ask all day but there will be some who just won't understand why.
Better sticky threads could help focus people on the objective of what illmuzik is suppose to be.

T

The Bastard

Fade said:
Yeah there's no problem with discussing certain things - you can discuss what you want, that's what The Lounge is for, but it's just that like Truth said, this forum is turning more and more into a Hip-Hop forum, instead of a Hip-Hop Production forum. There are hardly any more discussions about the newest gear, tips & advice, etc.

Everyone can keep discussing what you want, but just please try to keep everything together. We don't want to see a million different threads about the same rapper. And let's focus on PRODUCTION!
the description you put for the lounge section of the site is
''Discuss anything that is NOT production related.''

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Fade said:
this forum is turning more and more into a Hip-Hop forum, instead of a Hip-Hop Production forum. QUOTE]

gram green said:
i've noticeed in the last 6 months all the posts are getting pretty gay... i dont wanna talk shit but it aint just the diss/beef threads.... its a bunch of bullshit stuff... with a bunch of responses and opinions of people who just started producing or havent even gotten started yet

i'm not experienced as 90 percent of the community here but i've noticed a lot of hip-hop drama threads. The video's and funny threads are cool, but the opened ended beef threads could go either way and are not productive; i think that's what Wings meant. It is a cause of warning because if these threads become polluted then the cohesion of the true heads might lose interest and then Fade will most likey close shop.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!! Sound like you ready to give out a Beat-down.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Man we need a good ol beat battle to get all the bad bood and sepreate the shit talkin newbs from the cats who can back it up.

class...

:) I'M IN!..

My 2cent bout'fitty e'nem eeeeeeah..It's true that 'beef' and battles are part of Hip Hop. BUT, unless this site is dedicated to just 'wax' battles, many which are realized for unit profits, that's one thing. But if it ain't, I agree with the person on here who suggested you have 1 thread dedicated for just 'Beef.'

So in closing, if there are lil'tikes in here, we the 'grown ups' should continue influencing them the best we can by way of great music and 'thought provoking threads' and topics.

Ok, I'm out of change...

Ch..Chea..

C

Caffeine

WingsOfAnAngel said:
When will ya'll understand that this is the most disgraceful part of HIP-HOP culture, the same culture we all love and chrerish (hopefully).

All these fake rappers (and producers) are ruining the art, ruining HIP-HOP culture and its fundamentals; RUINING OUR VISION, AS WELL AS OUR DREAM CONCERNING OF WHAT HIP-HOP SHOULD BE, HOW IT SHOULD SOUND AND HOW IT SHOULD BE TAUGHT.

IllMuzik is not about that; we are here to preserve HIP-HOP; we are here to take HIP-HOP to the next level.

ZOMG! Amen WingsOfAnAngel...this is why I am falling in love with this site everyday. People that think like me...Kinda scary...

The industry has corrputed everything, and this is my soapbox that I stand on...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
funny thing: everyone has a different vision of what hip hop is or should be, and as moderators we have no right to tell people that they shouldnt post topics that are opposed to our personal vision.

members online