Let me introduce myself

P

PCOMND

Morning folks,

This here is Mun (to friends and family and anyone else) I reside in LOuisville,KY. I'm new to the site and to beat making for that matter. I came across the site looking for tips to get started making beats. I'm an avid listener and consumer of all types music, but I also have a curious creative side to me that needs to be satisfied. So I'm reaching out for help to get started. At the present time I have low budget PC and some cheap, no frills programs (magix and E-jay) to get a feel for the craft, I went that way because I didn't know how long I was going to stick with it. I'm getting rather frustrated, becuase I have no idea what I'm doing. So I'm reaching out for help. Any tips and tid bits of info would helpful.
Thanks in advance, Mun

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Cool man, welcome to illmuzik. I started off on hip hop ejay about 7 years ago. Shit was crazy it influenced my whole life from that point. I now have about $6,000 invested in my home studio and plan on making beats for a living. You say your frustrated? Welcome to the beginning. If you chose to stay with this route in your life, you'll constantly be frustrated lol. It's part of the never ending learning process of figuring out how to do things and apply them to your song. With hip hop ejay your really limited with the beats you can make. I'd suggest looking into Fruity Loops or Reason. Or you can try your hand in the hardware realm but thats much more difficult. Well enjoy your stay with us and ask questions as you need to. Try and make use of the search function to see if it's already been asked.

Peace!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to IllMuzik. It can get frustrating, but as long as you look around and ask some questions (as long as they're not questions that have been asked a million times) then you'll pick it up quickly. Make sure to check the sitemap page so you can find your way around here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/sitemap.php

P

PCOMND

Thnx

Fade said:
Welcome to IllMuzik. It can get frustrating, but as long as you look around and ask some questions (as long as they're not questions that have been asked a million times) then you'll pick it up quickly. Make sure to check the sitemap page so you can find your way around here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/sitemap.php
Thanks for the response and sitemap tip.
Sorry for the redundant request for help.
I'm sure this site will help with my queries.
Thnx, Mun

P

PCOMND

FL or Reason

5th Sequence said:
Cool man, welcome to illmuzik. I started off on hip hop ejay about 7 years ago. Shit was crazy it influenced my whole life from that point. I now have about $6,000 invested in my home studio and plan on making beats for a living. You say your frustrated? Welcome to the beginning. If you chose to stay with this route in your life, you'll constantly be frustrated lol. It's part of the never ending learning process of figuring out how to do things and apply them to your song. With hip hop ejay your really limited with the beats you can make. I'd suggest looking into Fruity Loops or Reason. Or you can try your hand in the hardware realm but thats much more difficult. Well enjoy your stay with us and ask questions as you need to. Try and make use of the search function to see if it's already been asked.

Peace!!

It's seems that everyone on this site uses Fruityloops or Reason program. Are these the top dawgs as far as programs to use for beatmaking? I realize there are a multitude of programs out there claiming to be the one. I went for cheap to test the waters of this craft, I plan on upgrading when I feel more comfortable with the beat making process. So I'll keep FL & Reason in mind when I shopping for programs. Thanks for the response.

Mun

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
FL and Reason seem to be the programs of choice for most people mainly becuase of their ease of use. FL is the easiest to use but the stock sounds it comes with arent the greatest. Reason is a bit more advanced to learn (at the beginning) but it seems to have higher quality sounds to work with. The thing is though, you shouldn't ever be using the preset sounds that come with either program. You want to get your hands on high quality samples or samples takin off vinyl, anything unique. If you think about it, several hundreds of thousands of people have those same stock sounds in FL and Reason as well as eJay. Trying to sound unique? now that can be frustrating.