Let us lament the Greatness of Things Fall Apart

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
really though

the "good old days" arent that far past us
IIMO this is the last representative of that 88 golden age... and damn if this aint the ultimate feel good record.

remember when hip hop was fun AND dope? aint no world changing rhymes on this. aint a problem being addressed or solved, there is no complaining or ranting, hell even the "nothin new" track didnt feel like it took itself too seriously.

me, i like serious music. i love Game Thery for its dark tone, its dead serious glimpse at the world we currently exist in. but TFA was the last gtreat fun hip hop record. its dope.its rhymes for the sake of rhymes, its dope beats. it completely obliterated any lines of composing vs sampling. both are prevelant all throughout the record. sound quality is off the charts.

this is an amazing record, and i urge yuo all to have a listen to it.

really, this is the ultimate "im just a hip hop head" record. no gangsta shit, no drug game stories, no bling OR booty, no heal the world, no judgment calls, no calling out presidents, no politics, NO BULLSHIT. we getlike 8 bars of mos def saying zih zih zeh zehzezehh over a dope beat. we get a dope ass common cameo. we just get a bunch of dpe ass rhymes and great beats. it just epitomizes the cat riding the train to the local mom and pop to cop the latest record, with his headphones on, blissfully oblivious to the bullshit surrounding him. and i love it.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Things Fall Apart

thats the name of the record
its album 3 (technically 4) by the rots
it contained the grammy award winning "You Got Me"

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
Man i feel ya CT,but in light of it all the world(especially for blacks) isnt all shits and giggles. I was just talking to my brothers about old school hip hop beefs(LLand Moe Dee),Fun Hip Hop like Dana Dane,Slick Rick and a few others. I remember breaking on boxes in the alleys of Akron,Ohio. That was so fun, it put you in a place free from drama. Now fast forward to the (Macho age of Shit Flop) Hip Hop is in need of some serious help. The world has changed and all most care about is how to look good. I just bump my Lupe,smile and keep it movin'

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
Things Fall Apart

thats the name of the record
its album 3 (technically 4) by the rots
it contained the grammy award winning "You Got Me"

I was maybe around 10 when that was release. But for real no offense, but "You Got Me" was really the ONE song. As far as I can remember there's was good songs too like the video where they make parody of hiphop video, but "You Got Me" was really like outerspace compared to the rest of the album

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
oh mos definitely... a agree completely

Scholar said:
Man i feel ya CT,but in light of it all the world(especially for blacks) isnt all shits and giggles. I was just talking to my brothers about old school hip hop beefs(LLand Moe Dee),Fun Hip Hop like Dana Dane,Slick Rick and a few others. I remember breaking on boxes in the alleys of Akron,Ohio. That was so fun, it put you in a place free from drama. Now fast forward to the (Macho age of Shit Flop) Hip Hop is in need of some serious help. The world has changed and all most care about is how to look good. I just bump my Lupe,smile and keep it movin'

me, i preffer "serious" music most o fthe time
but this album sorta balnaces all that out
it's fun without being corny or campy or a pradoy record
it's just... well, just hip hop with noo additive or preservatives