Lethal by Lethal Audio

Battle Points: 153
Not sure if this has been discussed before....but had to get this off my chest..

What a fkn S###T plugin...!!
Probably recognizable for you all that as a beginning producer you are searching for the right vst's, instrument banks etc etc and probably end up buying all kinds of shit you prolly wont be using again.
To me Lethal is one of those. I canceled my subscription today.
Cheap sounds, cheap interface..and really no inspiring vibes except some drumkits who do got some good quality hits..
I gave it a few weeks to sink in..i mean its not cheap, but thought id keep it just for some drumkit use.

However.....everytime i make a beat with a tiny element of Lethal involved, the next time loading up a song my DAW just keeps loading up for like 10 minutes straight -.- if not longer....mannnnn

*tik* *tik* deleted!
jim carrey GIF

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Hey, what kind of synthesis is it ? fm, sub, wavetables ?
I went to their websites to try and find some info but there's none...
And from the interface, it seems you can only toggle through presets and tweak from there.

Also, it's marketed to be fast and simple... that might explain.

The audio demos sound cheap indeed. Maybe more suited to EDM stuff.

It sure does look way behind the competition... Massive, Serum, or Omnisphere...

Battle Points: 153
And from the interface, it seems you can only toggle through presets and tweak from there.
Yes that's exactly what it is, its a VST rompler..similar to Nexus (the more expensive big brother).
personally I love romplers as im not an audio designer myself, and not really into tweaking LFO's and such.
And there are some cool things out there with amazing sounds right out the box..but this is just cheap, perhaps indeed suited more for EDM style.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Yes that's exactly what it is, its a VST rompler..similar to Nexus (the more expensive big brother).
personally I love romplers as im not an audio designer myself, and not really into tweaking LFO's and such.
And there are some cool things out there with amazing sounds right out the box..but this is just cheap, perhaps indeed suited more for EDM style.
Yes, romplers are great... However, if you can't use your own samples, it gets limited or pricey very fast, I think.

I suggest you check Ana2 by sonicacademy... it blends samples and wavetable oscillators in a very comprehensive way. And you can layer 3 of each!
It is not expensive and it's unlimited as you can use your own sounds as samples. I'm not sure you can upload your own wavetables, but they are plenty.

Since I found out about it, it has become my go-to synth when I don't feel like tweaking a sound from scratch.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This reminds me of the days of Soundfonts. For those that don't know:

Back then there were tons of shitty synths so that's why the selection today is really good, but yeah there's bound to be some cheese out there.