Let's branch out?

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
Im a newbie here, may not have a strong voice or opinion, but this forums is cool and ran real organised, better than many I seen before.

Do you only have plans for this forum as a hub for producers only?

If yes, ignore this post.. If not, read on..

Let's add audio and text forums, for music videos and songs, audio and text to be posted.
Text and audio text battle.. Could run tournaments with rapper and producer teaming up etc.. Endless idea.

I've been apart forums for easily 15+ years (stopped for many) so I can add alot of experience and ideas if you guys wanted to expand?

Obviously, first thing is getting more active members.

Can the administrator mass email all the members, announce changes, it may bring them back?

Hope you like the ideas!

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
So far I like it here on illmuzik as it is...maybe bringing more people would freshen things up...I would definitly want to see more artist/producer collaborating here, but out of the different places i visit that are connected with producing hip hop, beatmaking etc, only illmuzik gives me the "family" like feeling, sense of belonging to a tight community. I definitly can't find any bullshit here like at the other places. So whatever new stuff we and offcourse Fade decides to bring in, I hope that this place won't lose that.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, that's something that's always been considered.

First off, ILL was created solely for beatmakers but as time went on we had a good amount of rappers on here too, some that made beats as well. From past forums I was on way back, having the forum be all-encompassing can create a mess if not done right. One thing I always hated on those forums was all the spam and promotion from everyone. Like here we have the Showcase to post your beats rather than let everyone make their own thread.

For rappers, it would have to be a solid plan. Plus, from all the live shows I've been too in my lifetime, rappers ALWAYS start the show late. I mean ALWAYS. So they lose credibility with me right there LOL.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Illmuzik @itzSAYKRIDD doesn't need audio/text forums nor battles as this is not the netcee/textcee era. I used to do those text only in the early aughts and I don't miss it.

I've @Fade never been to a live rap show in my life so perhaps I'm missing not a damn thing as today's fartists are crappers? Plus rappers starting late have more to do, unless I'm wrong, w/Hip Hop abandoning showmanship at the dawn of it being solely studio created music.

Last edited: