Level Problems - Need Help To Identify The Source

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have the Stanton SMX-201 mixer. $80, 2-channel, Lo and Hi EQ, and built in pre-amp.

I sample to Adobe Audition 1.5 with LINE IN through Sound Blaster PCI 512 hooked to the master out on the mixer. I use the Numark TT-500, which is grounded properly and needles are clean.

The master volume is up to max and the fader volume is up to max.

The problem is that the sound is still too low. I don't like raising the gain so much cause there's definate humming and hiss. Sometimes I have to raise the gain to the very max just to sample it and the sample is still not near 0db in Audition.

All the volume in Windows are correct as well.

Is it the mixer that sucks? What can I do to fix this? It's driving me crazy.

thanks.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
there might be a level adjuster on the back somewhere cuz ive got a stanton sa-5 and it has a knob on the back where u put the cables in to change the volume of the output. jus check on the back, i might be wrong tho.

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yo, i just checked out the specs on that mixer... it has both line and phono rca inputs on it... make sure that your turntable is plugged into the phono input... there is a 40 db difference between the inputs... it needs to be in the phono in order to go through the phono preamps that are in there to bring it up to line level... hope that might have helped you out... if you havent figured it out already

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oh thanks for the suggestions. It is on the phono. I fixed it, it was a driver problem with the sound card.

thanks.

members online