life.. this is personal

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
my first post today was coming home from the hospital, my grandma is dying from emphasema at 87.

my eyes burn from the salt i've cried because she is my best friend.

i came here with this because yall niggas are indirectly my family. and i want to tell yall to live your life to experience all extremes of life without ruining your personal direction. to understand the various perspective of all life is to understand the reason for religion. do not fear your deepest fears and maybe you can understand yourself and your fellow specie. many might misinterpret this so do not expect my response if you do. i'm tryin to pass you some of what i learned from her.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thank you, i am fine through the knowledge i've gathered [partially from her]. thanks phlex

i'm generally cool with death, but she is my best friend. she came from a time not our own and she is a great person from a time that being us was not accepted.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I feel your pain

Today was to my grandfather’s funeral, I actually delivered his eulogy. He was 94 years old. It was hard, but it felt right, it was his time to go

Here is something to think about (from my personal perspective)

I have lost a number of my friends to violence. There is nothing more tragic then sitting there looking at a young life wasted.

I know it hurts seeing your grandmother slip away, but you got to put things in perspective. She has lived along full life. She has been around long enough for you and ur family to enjoy her. She has seen and done many things that many people won’t. I look at it as a blessing that a person has the opportunity to live that long and see those things.

It hurt to loose granddad, but dammit, that man was a poor illiterate sharecropper from north Carolina and he lived long enough to see his grandson graduate college. That cat made his mark.

Think of all the things your grandmother has been blessed to witness…..

I wish u the best

class...

T

The Bastard

stay up man, 87 years is a great lifespan im sure she had a lot of good times and im sure uve made her real happy

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Wow, man, that's real. You know, as painfull as death/seious illness is, it always puts the lives of the others around in perspective. I mean, it makes you think about what really matters in your life and were you wanna go before it's your turn. (I know it sounds creapy and all, but that's what I think). So try to look at it with those eyes.

-You remember here because she helped you be what you are right now and because she was close to you, for that, you gotta thank here and ask yourself what you want people to remember you for. Your beats? Your sense of humour? the fact that you were an inspiration to them?...

-You have the chance to know that her time is near. My grandfather (that I loved) died from a pacemaker malfunction, all of a sudden. I never had the chance to say goodbye.

-I remember one of my aunts dying, 6 years ago. I remember all the family around the bed, praying and yelling for her not to die, even if her death was certain. In my mind, she died thinking that she let everyone down, which is real sad. If you are her friend, try to make it so that dont happen...

Shit, I'm reading what I wrote, and it's really on the downside... anyways. Keep you head up, and focus. My prayers are with you and your family.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Damn homie, Im sorry to hear that... My grandma is 92 and she is in assisted living, as a matter of fact today they just moved her to hospice care because she doesn't want to eat anything... My mom told me that she mentioned that it was her time and she doesn't like living anymore (which actually made me cry)... It's really hard for me to go see her like that and funerals are just the worst thing with me... But, I have seen alot of people pass and It's never something that I can take lightly... Whenever I hear about somebody Dying I always take a second and think on it... To me, It kind of lets me know everything is gunna be alright and slowly eases any kind of pain/sorrow... But Chrono, I definitly am sorry to hear about that bro and u have my condolences to the fullest...

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I wish you the best. I lost my G-ma a year ago. Try to make the best of the time you have left with her.

Ctrl

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sorry to hear that man.....I know what its like. My great grandfather passed away at 99, and about a week later my grandad died of cancer.

Make the best of the time thats remains. Peace.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sorry to hear that Chrono, my condolences. There's been quite a few people over the last few years that were either my family or someone close to my family that passed away, and it definitely makes you appreciate life more.

ill o.g.
Keep ya head up C, In my 27 years on this planet, Ive lost my son, 2 daughters, my grandmother & grandfather, my dad and mom. The grief still lives on today, and It still hurts. But life goes on. They in a better place now. They get to rest. No more pain.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
dang sorry to hear that chrono

P

Protege

Yo I feel for you, my grandmother isn't doing too good either. She has been in and out of the hospital and now shes in an old folks home. I just hopes she stays feelin good. My grandfather passed away last September (I just happened to spend the day with him, hours before he died.) I pray for your grandma, and I hope you can pray for mine.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yo im sorry to heard that, i remember when my nan pass about a year ago now i think and that really hurt, she woz a really great person as a younger kid i woz really close to her but as you grow up im sure a lot of you know sometimes you see to grow apart, i still loved her the same but i just didnt see her as much you know and when she went it really hurt and made me think a lot !
One of the worst things i ever did woz see her just a few hours before she went because she woz in such a bad way it woz horrible to see her going through that i had sat in the room with her for an hour and she hadnt even realised i woz there !
but keep your head up life moves on and just remember her and do your best for her through your life !