Like Ye said that sh!t Cray

LP*

ILLIEN
Ha just another reason for everybody to stay independent! lol. I kinda feel like that's entrapment,maybe not but kinda messed up nonetheless. I guess its good that some guns and drugs are of the street, but really how many people are lettin off rpgs downtown? Seems kinda strange.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
how many people are lettin off rpgs downtown? Seems kinda strange.

My point exactly, theres more to this than what they are saying. wth would you need a rpg for? guns i understand but rpgs; c'mon and unless you live in that same row house, who sets up a studio on a residential block. Store front, I've seen plenty but a row house yea right. I'm not saying its not possible or its not happening but from the gate I'd question a studio in a row house.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
For every 1 successful sting op, how many are missed? How many innocent kids have to die? How many funerals? How many overdoses? This is a no brainer! I grew up in NE DC, ish ,thats one of the 'good' parts of DC.

Military grade weapons are HARD to acquire but NOT impossible, things disappear and the paper trail is interrupted. The police arrested a guy here this week and they found all types of military grade weapons in his home including explosives.

LP*

ILLIEN
Well ya iv had an old white dude walk up to me with his card and he was willing to sell me class 3 weapons it's not impossible no. And with the proper paper work its not illegal either (not sure about rpgs) not sayin these dudes had the proper paper work.And if these dudes were connected with the cartels it wouldnt be to hard for them to acquire military grade weapons. I think it's good they got this shit off the street, I just think it's wrong they asked them to bring them stuff and then arrested them,but thats how the game goes, i guess its their own stupidity for thinking they were gonna blow up as big rappers from a label outta a row house.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
This is what civilians do here and I hope you guys don't do this ish...lol. You can legally purchase AK's and AR-15's (almost the equivalent to an M-16) from the local gun shops BUT the guns have been modified by the manufactures to shot semi-automactically. Then you can go on the www and buy the kits that will convert them back to full-auto. If you get caught with one you will go to jail w/o collecting $200 for passing go. They have a no tolerance approach to things like that here.

What ever happened to .38's and 9mms? Those guns are like cap guns today. Cats will ruin your whole block. I understand the viewpoint of using a rowhouse as a front, thats about as shady as you can get but getting these weapons off the street was a good move imo.

LP*

ILLIEN
@Dacalion Ya some dude where im from was converting guns to full auto and selling them to people, he got like 20 years for it, guess the ATF don't play lol. And ya it's crazy the type of fire power that is available. But really people who arent trained to use these types of guns just shoot shit up and end up killing innocent people, so its a good thing these are off the streets, but whats sad is im sure there is much more where they came from lol. I got a .38 and a .44 in my nightstand dont think i would ever need a full auto assault rifle to protect myself lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I cosign, getting these weapons and drugs off the street was a good thing. Doing it under the 'hip hop umbrella' implies that anyone in hip hop is subject to this type of lifestyle which sucks because its totally false.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Hip-hop is to blame. If hip-hop wasn't all about the illegal activity, this wouldn't have happened, but since it is......

Hate to hijack this with another link...but this is the reason why stings happen...too many people trying to live the life...too many guns held by irresponsible people..

Someone commented on the article, too...
Here's the article
http://allhiphop.com/2011/12/21/police-determine-rapper-slim-dunkin-killed-over-candy/

Here's the comment:

I wrote a comment...I know they (Allhiphop) won't post it. So I will tone it down. Please black people...wake up. Time is running out. We are turning into a cartoon. The hate is unbelievable. You hate yourself that much that you will kill over Candy. The music is so bad, you follow rappers that can't even speak a correct sentence. They are selling you crack and brainwash music, can't you see what's going on? They are pushing their agenda down your throats. And most of the followers imitate and cosign this buffoonery. There are 2-3 mainstream rappers that have something positive to say, Lupe & Common & the Roots but 50-100 that push sewage to the minds & ears of the youth and become rich. What's even more ironic is that there is no talent or creativity to their hood stories (i.e Biggie).

Is Money your God, Target, Salvation, Love and meaning to who and want you really are. If so, most are so dumb that they can't find a cohesive way to make money because their minds is submerged in death, hate and destruction. Is your ideal of making money in (trap house, on the block, robbery, murder, hustling with no plan) Lose - Lose situation. Sisters & Brothers, don't forget the struggle. Since most you guys spend hours on the internet. look at a documentary called (Eyes on the Prize volume 1-16) it's on youtube. Educate yourself about the struggle that our Great Grand Parents, Grand Parents and Parents had to go through so we can be in the position that we are in now. It's looking like it was all in vein. We must do better as a collective but first we must start with ourselves and our situations.

RIP young Brother, tragic demise but the reality is most of the young brothers die the same way in every hood, every day, in America. Wake up.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I respect their opinion but which is worse...law enforcement using hip hop to cure crime or someone who stereotypes everyone in the genre? Guns and drugs are associated with just about - if not all, genres.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Stereotyping?

A stereotype that hip-hop created....

I believe that guns and drugs are with every genre of music....but which genre talks about it more? Which genre glorifies it? Which genre talks about shooting cops? Which genre talks about moving packs and flippin pies?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I respect their opinion but which is worse...law enforcement using hip hop to cure crime or someone who stereotypes everyone in the genre? Guns and drugs are associated with just about - if not all, genres.

Using hip-hop to cure crime and take drugs and guns off the streets would be the most positive impact it could have on society....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
not at the cost of degrading it tho...jmo, thats like saying if you get rid of hip hop, you get rid of crime and thats not true.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Degrading it?

If it wasn't so geared towards violence and criminal activity, it couldn't be degraded the way it is now.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Which one?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Ha just another reason for everybody to stay independent! lol. I kinda feel like that's entrapment,maybe not but kinda messed up nonetheless. I guess its good that some guns and drugs are of the street, but really how many people are lettin off rpgs downtown? Seems kinda strange.

When I was younger, I was told DC is all federal property (Even some of your privet property). Rules are alittle different, and it is a sensitive area. You could cry entrapment but "National security" isnt a hard trump card to pull.

My point exactly, theres more to this than what they are saying. wth would you need a rpg for? guns i understand but rpgs; c'mon and unless you live in that same row house, who sets up a studio on a residential block. Store front, I've seen plenty but a row house yea right. I'm not saying its not possible or its not happening but from the gate I'd question a studio in a row house.

You'd be surprised. The streets is an arms race. It was fights till Junior high when dudes was gettin guns from older homies, and so forth. You want to intimidate people that want you dead? Send an RPG to their front lawn. Way bigger messege than a drive by or killing their homie. Not to mention dudes have no cut cards.

People setup up studios everywhere. I wouldve questioned it before equipment exploded and knowledge became more accessible.

This is what civilians do here and I hope you guys don't do this ish...lol. You can legally purchase AK's and AR-15's (almost the equivalent to an M-16) from the local gun shops BUT the guns have been modified by the manufactures to shot semi-automactically. Then you can go on the www and buy the kits that will convert them back to full-auto. If you get caught with one you will go to jail w/o collecting $200 for passing go. They have a no tolerance approach to things like that here.

What ever happened to .38's and 9mms? Those guns are like cap guns today. Cats will ruin your whole block. I understand the viewpoint of using a rowhouse as a front, thats about as shady as you can get but getting these weapons off the street was a good move imo.

I didnt know thats what it was. I guess vets need the $$$ though so... yea lol. Just shows how vulnerable homelands really are. You almost NEED some type of firearm just to be able to keep your family straight.

And I'd be cool with all this firepower roaming around in small quantities (Except explosives of al kinds) if I knew that the people actually seeking them out werent homicide craved and have no respect for life.