Line 6 POD Studio UX2 (dp?)

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Using guitar rig 3 is like a kid in disneyland for me and I just found out about this guitar preamp with various presets. It looks like it could liven up my guitar and vocals with presets for both. I currently use a firewire 410 for an audio interface and am not looking into replacing it with this at all. Using it with protools is what i have in mind, which is clear for.

does anyone have any experience with this? I am curious in the guitar preamp comparison with guitar rig 2, 3. I guess it's back to the hardware vs software issue since I can achieve this with software (with drained resources).

thanks,

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
You know I am a guitar nut, I hate the POD's. The distortion sounds like crap. The best amp sim ever is Eleven from digi. If you are not a pro tools user. Check out Revalver or GTR. If you want nice clean sounds the POD does ok. But anything else is a no go.

BTW I still love my half stack and pedal board better than all of them.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
AAAAAMPLITUUUUUBE, but i agree, i dont even play guitar but our real backline sounds way better then then any plugin or emulator thusfar. I like the pod though, nice cheap toy that could add some dirt but compared to the twinverb..hmm

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Lots of thoughts here, much of it is personal preference, some of the more flexible amps are the Randall RM20B because the MTS module thing is great and the Bogner Custom Shop Shiva 1x12 Combo with Reverb
Both amps are amazing but cost a bit more. I sure there are other suggestions as well.......I love a good amp!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
they look interesting, but a little pricey.. I've already spent my music budget for the next few years in the $700+ range. I could split with a hundred or two.. but only on something unique. meanwhile i got my eye on a 1 terabyte external hd. it's a shame that I can't find anything worthy of my interest from under two hun.

thanks dp

members online