Lionel Richie - "Lady"

Feel

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
Thank you..
I used to say im not a "trap" producer but ended up figuring out its not "trap" its just a different metronome sequence. So you saying you're not a "sample" producer just says you don't want to roam where you're not comfortable. Try it. You might be better than you think.

stcbeats

Stcbeats
Battle Points: 38
Thank you..
I used to say im not a "trap" producer but ended up figuring out its not "trap" its just a different metronome sequence. So you saying you're not a "sample" producer just says you don't want to roam where you're not comfortable. Try it. You might be better than you think.
I would rather play the melody than find a sample and chop it. I do find myself playing a melody some times then resampling it. but really like to do my own work.

Feel

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
If you are trying to make hiphop style beats I'd suggest reading up on where and how hiphop started. You probably know but it all started with samples breh. This is "Sample flip" not make your "melody flip."

Last edited:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
:this: Yea, flip it!

but @Feel i like the direction u were going in, just felt like the low end was a bit heavy... maybe filtering out some of the lows from the sample, then adding some other percussion or vst to take up some of the midrange... idk, just my 2 cents. Just sounded a bit muddy to me

I would rather play the melody than find a sample and chop it. I do find myself playing a melody some times then resampling it. but really like to do my own work.
Like @Feel said, If you dont sample then why do a sample flip?
I mostly compose myself but flipping samples is an art in itself, an invaluable art in my opinion.
You get to learn how other people made music by studying the sample and you also get many more weapons for your music making arsenal. Even as a composer you need to copy how hip hop sounds to be able to compose it convincingly.

Edgar

e'zz
Battle Points: 1
@Feel It vibes bro!

@crog85 The heat on this one brooo!! Everything sounds hella clean

@2GooD Productions Dope as drums bro! Love your chops

@TRIPLE EIGHT I like when the pitch shifted.

@Lightbackdrew The first chord or chop reminds me of Fashion Killa - A$AP Rocky!

@Dez-NYCe I feel like your snare can be turned up a bit. Everything seems cluttered, maybe if you arrange it better where it can breathe so everything doesn't hit at once.