Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I have an mp3 player and have surprisingly kept this on play for about three weeks. That, Common's "BE" and "Pharoahe Monch - Internal Affairs". Nice mellow combo. 256 meg mp3 players are illy ill

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Yeah the minstrel show is pretty dope. LB is like a breath of fresh air after listenin to alot of hard knock type ish. Gotta luv them carolina boyz.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Listening Now Feel it for the MOst part joints is all Coo so far

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
i'm coppin it...i got mad love for them cats and they music.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Damn Straght!! LB is the shit!!! And FUCK BET for not playing tere video because they believe it's too intellegent for there audiences!!!!!!!!!

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Theese dudes are the furture of hip-hop.

Little Brother said:
“To me, ‘THE MINSTREL SHOW’ is ultimately about responsibility,” says emcee Phonte. “As rappers, we have to take responsibility for what we say, and for the images we portray to our people. If not, we’re doing essentially what minstrel shows did: perpetuating negative images and reinforcing those negative stereotypes.”

Producer 9th Wonder offers a different take on “THE MINSTREL SHOW” and its role in today’s hip-hop climate: “This album is basically us holding a mirror up to our community and saying, ‘Look what has happened to our art form, look how low our standards have dropped as far as what we accept as good music.’ If we can make people at least think about that, then we’ve done our job.”

“We knew we would probably make a lot of people mad,” says Rapper Big Pooh about the album’s controversial title. “That’s just the price you pay for taking a stand. There’s a lot of craziness in hip-hop right now, and hopefully with this album we can bring about some type of balance.”

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
MaZaMuNe said:
ya i copped the retail release, i dont really support artists anymore... Bootleg and sell copies at school for weed :D

yo that shit in stores?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Little Brother lived up to all the hype, that's rare nowadays!

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
classic said:
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-303999-videos--Little-Brother

i like this joint cat is reppin hard for NC,, carlonia cats should be proud..

NC radio down here is wack. I heard LB's single once on the radio n' dat was like 12 o' clock at night.

NC aint reppin' like they supposed to. Thats what dat song "Not Enough" is talkin' bout.

im in the same damn boat, strugglin' artist cuz NC dont support they own like errebody else. you can get more love outta state than u get in North Cak.