Little John timeline

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
hip hop dx did a story of the rise and fall of littlejohn. this is a timeline of the story.

Attachments

• riseandfallofliljon.jpg
    riseandfallofliljon.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 102

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well...that's what happens in hip-hop all too often....people who want to fit that image of being mega rich.....and more times than not, aren't' rich at all...and things like what happened with Lil Jon are perfect examples..... Poor management of money....no investment of said money......and the demand for "crunk" music has changed......no more 2 fingers on a keyboard to make hits.....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
It's just so hard to believe, almost too hard to even conceive it...Millions of dollars gone in a 14yr time period. If he put $10 million (and we know he made more...) in a regular bank account @ 2% return, without even touching the $10 mil, he would receive an interest check of $200 grand a year! Thats close to $4 grand every week (before taxes)! How in the hell do you screw that up?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Maintaining an image that he obviously couldn't afford.

Well...that's what happens in hip-hop all too often....people who want to fit that image of being mega rich.....and more times than not, aren't' rich at all...and things like what happened with Lil Jon are perfect examples..... Poor management of money....no investment of said money......and the demand for "crunk" music has changed......no more 2 fingers on a keyboard to make hits.....

Exactly.

It's just so hard to believe, almost too hard to even conceive it...Millions of dollars gone in a 14yr time period. If he put $10 million (and we know he made more...) in a regular bank account @ 2% return, without even touching the $10 mil, he would receive an interest check of $200 grand a year! Thats close to $4 grand every week (before taxes)! How in the hell do you screw that up?

By not really having all that money in the first place.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Oh he had 10 mil plus unless he was just plain stupid. I read somewhere that Vanilla Ice made 14 mil off of "ice ice baby" alone.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
But that was before p2p file sharing.....

That dude made mega paper off of Ice Ice Baby.... HIs SINGLE went like triple platinum.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Forbes 2006 Richest Rappers List

http://rap.about.com/b/2007/08/16/jay-z-and-kanye-named-among-forbes-richest-rappers.htm

1. Jay-Z - $34 million
2. 50 Cent - $32 million
3. Diddy - $28 million
4. Timbaland - $21 million
5. Dr. Dre - $20 million
6. Eminem - $18 million
7. Snoop Dogg - $17 million
8. Kanye West - $17 million
9. Pharrell Williams - $17 million
10. Scott Storch - $17 million
11. Ludacris - $16 million
12. T.I. - $16 million
13. OutKast - $14 million
14. Lil Jon - $14 million
15. Ice Cube - $13 million
16. Jermaine Dupri - $12 million
17. Swizz Beatz - $12 million
18. Chamillionaire - $11 million
19. The Game - $11 million
20. Yung Joc - $10 million

*This is for 2006 only*

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
that is still way too much money to just blow. i wouldve thought it takes a lifetime to spend that money. isnt he still making money off pitbull. i know pitbull doesnt have too big a following but he made a couple of spanish albums also.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Well Pitbull's label went under...

You gotta remember..14 million seems like alot of money to us, because we don't have shit (compared to them)

He probably had a big ass house...taxes aren't cheap...I'm sure he blew a lot of money on whips and jewelry...I'm sure he spend a lot of money traveling and buying louis this and gucci that...when you have all of those things, 14 million isn't a lot at all.....

Look @ those artists on that list....Longevity is key in this game....A lot of them took other ventures outside of music....50 with the vitamin water thing, jay-z with clubs/apparel Diddy with similar to Jay...plus he's still making a lot of money off of Biggie with the album sales and the movie....The ones that stayed relevant and used their money to work for them are still on that list....

I know 2 more people aren't on that list, anymore...because they made that money, then disappeared (yung joc, chamilionaire)...

Scott Storch went broke...it's easy to spend that money when you're buying a million dollar Bugatti...

It's not hard to spend that money when you're living that lifestyle...and you know these people's friends ate off that plate, as well....Hook your man up with a whip/crib/chain. Take him/her on tour with you, pay for them. Take them on those vacations to Spring Break with you...Not even including entourage/security... There's a lot of shit you pay for.