Live From Iraq

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I quote track 14:
"whatefuck is you all talking about? Talking agains war. Talking agains the same thing, that's aloud you the luxuries that you have today. If it wan't for war, you wouldn't be able to live the life that you live now. you wouldn't be able to have the security, that you've come to take for granted. You wouldn't have shit without soldiers like us......"

What the fuck man. That shit makes me got damn mad as hell. are they really themselves thinking that is why they'r over there... I don't fucking think so. They'r there there because George Bush saw a loophoole to get at the Oil in Iraq. Do they really think they would be over there if it wasn't for that fact..
Then why the fuck have you left places like Congo be. One thing, aint NO natural resources in Congo and the poor countries of Africa that needs the help.

I don't say I like the regim or Saddam Hussein. I'm just saying. Man wake up. Why do you think they'r waging this war for. To give peace and protection to the public..... Pleace!!!!!!!

Wake up!!

This post isn't ment for you all. This is more a general post to the rappers on the CD istelf. I'm not in any way mad at anyone of you, if you thought so.

I'd really hoped that this record would be against, not pro-war.

I can't believe that shit.

I mean.
*Who's gained on this was? The people of Iraq or the big companys in the US?
*Have the hysteria over terrorism increased or decreased over this war?

I think everyone know the anwers to that.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Andreas. I can't speak for the artist, but I don't think he was refering specifically to Iraq.

In America we credit all our freedom to soldiers that have served and died for the country.

I think the soldier is expressing the fact that no matter what political spin you put on it, Saddam Hussein was a ruthless oppresive leader that made many Iraqi's live in fear.

Yes, what Bush did was fucked up and inexcusable. But what's been lost is that no matter Bush's intentions. A lot of peoples lives are going to be better because of it.

Yeah, Bush is a shrewd political bastard, and he could careless about the Iraqi people, but do we not liberate Iraq because of that?

In America Abe Lincoln is revered for freeing slaves. He didn't want to. If there was a way he could end the Civil War and keep slavery intact he would have done it.

Does that change the amount of good his decision made?

I think the rapper is summarizing the American sentiment that everyone should be allowed freedom and to pursue happiness. Lost in the outcry of Bush's lying and personal interests is the fact that millions of Iraqi civilians will live better because of it.

We all know Bush lied and wanted oil, and he is using our armed forces.

The soldiers aren't fighting for oil. The reason why there isn't colossal amount of outcry in the US about Bush, is that Iraq needed to be liberated.

Our troops our battling terrorists and tyrants. Remember our troops aren't politicians. The troops have no interest in oil.

Whether or not Saddam Hussien had WMD he needed to be removed. Americans don't like seeing people live in fear.

Politicians manipulate our media. Congo and a lot of African countries, they don't get the news coverage. Therefore, a lot of Americans aren't aware of the terrible circumstances those countries are in. And if there is no political benefit it is ignored.

Iraq got and gets coverage because of the political spin (Bush wants oil).

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Another reason America doesn't bother with African countries is the race issue.

Racism is too sensitive in America and Black people would be furiated if Americans went into Africa and started killing black folks.

It's not that Americans don't think African or third world countries are worth liberating. It's just the nature that America has its own politics and our interests come first.

Why doesn't any other country go into the Congo?

Why is it always America?

When we do nothing we're assholes. When we do something we're assholes.

People complain that we don't intervene. When we do they tell us to keep our noses out of other people's business. If we do that, people are pissed because we don't provide any aid.

I don't know what the world wants from us.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
andreas said:
I quote track 14:
"whatefuck is you all talking about? Talking agains war. Talking agains the same thing, that's aloud you the luxuries that you have today. If it wan't for war, you wouldn't be able to live the life that you live now. you wouldn't be able to have the security, that you've come to take for granted. You wouldn't have shit without soldiers like us......"

What the fuck man. That shit makes me got damn mad as hell. are they really themselves thinking that is why they'r over there... I don't fucking think so. They'r there there because George Bush saw a loophoole to get at the Oil in Iraq. Do they really think they would be over there if it wasn't for that fact..
Then why the fuck have you left places like Congo be. One thing, aint NO natural resources in Congo and the poor countries of Africa that needs the help.

I don't say I like the regim or Saddam Hussein. I'm just saying. Man wake up. Why do you think they'r waging this war for. To give peace and protection to the public..... Pleace!!!!!!!

Wake up!!

This post isn't ment for you all. This is more a general post to the rappers on the CD istelf. I'm not in any way mad at anyone of you, if you thought so.

I'd really hoped that this record would be against, not pro-war.

I can't believe that shit.

I mean.
*Who's gained on this was? The people of Iraq or the big companys in the US?
*Have the hysteria over terrorism increased or decreased over this war?

I think everyone know the anwers to that.
Fuck. I shouldve listened to the samples before i bought this shit. Trying to be nice and support these fools I wish i didnt now.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah, I don;t really care for it.. I understand it's probably good for them to be doing something positive and I bet they'll catch some kind of deal from it.. But, to me it sounded BOOTY!

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
we'll my opinion ManDAmyth.

Is a good deed wrongly done and with bad intentions still a good deed??

NO...

and the fact that Bush defyed the rules, the UN, and vertially every country there are and went in because of a LIE. well, doesn't that make you scared? If he can do that what says he wont do it again.
It's 5th freedom that's what it is. Even though Saddam was a bad man, he had NO right to do it... No right at all

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Andreas, I agree with you that everything that Bush did was wrong.

I just think its unfair to hold the soldiers responsible for Bush's actions.

You also have to enter the soldiers perspective. They are liberating people from an oppresive regime. That's what the soldiers see. When insurgents are forced to flee they play with the children and interact with the people who feel free.

There is not a single soldier fighting for politics or oil. They are fighting to free people.

Fault Bush all you want, in fact I encourage you to.

But the soldiers intentions are good. The soldier rapping was expressing his frustration that while everyone from outside the looking glass is crying foul over the war. He has seen first hand the oppression the people he is liberating has lived under. He is greeted by citizens in the streets as a savior for fighting off insurgents.

I live close to Fort Carson, a military base that has deployed the most troops over to Iraq. Many soldiers were against the war before leaving. When they returned every soldier was for it. Giving people freedom is bigger than the lie.

Bush's biggest mistake was not being honest. Had he just came out and said we need to get rid of Saddam Hussien, he's a bad man that tortures his citizens blazay blah... Americans would have rallied around him.

But he did lie. Which is wrong. President Clinton lied about getting head from a woman and he was almost impeached.

Bush lies to America and the world and invades a country....nothing.

I agree with you on the war. I'm just asking that you not blame the troops. They didn't lie. They are serving their country and liberating people.

And try to understand that the soldiers aren't fighting for oil and money. They are fighting so the Iraqi's can grow to afford luxuries. So they can secure stability in their life and so they can be free.

Just because Bush is using that against them, shouldn't be their fault.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
We'll man, I'm not blaiming the troop. I'm just mad cous it seems so naive on their part. I do think that the sodliers fight for that reason, but I'm just meaning that in the same time they don't. They'r just pawns man. I assure you that if it wasn't for the lie about Iraq the soldiers surely wouldn't be out there liberating any other country. Now why is that??

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have joined the UN forces and fought for just the same things they say their fighting for in, lets say, bosnia or wherever.

It makes me mad when things like this goes by as kindness and helpfullness. Couse that is not what this is about.

Example: If they hadn't had the biggest oilresourse in the world they wouldn't give em the light of day regarding to the urgency of the situation... I can say this by namedropping another country... Rwanda.

Rwandas need was pressing, there were Proof of geneside in the form of videotapes. Over 400 000 people where killed and hewn in the river and over a million people where kut down with machete's.
And this the US gov knew but didn't step in.
And why..... Ain't no benefit in helping people of poverty in a land without seemingly any natural reasourses.

Man all I'm saying is that the soldiers need a wakeupcall. If they relly think that is what they'r there for they need a reality check.
Man, it's not only naive but really really dangerus to fight blindly for a couse that's just feed to you without thinking. And I think that is the case in Iraq. As I previosly stated, what will be the next step?

And for those of you that aren't enlighted in the situiation of Rwanda. Go rent the movie "Hotel Rwanda".

Please take the time to read through this...

http://www.michaelmoore.com/mustread/index.php

Scroll down and read "march of freedom"

Also take the time to read through these letters from some of the soldiers

http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-f...tters/index.php

thanks
______

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
andreas said:
And for those of you that aren't enlighted in the situiation of Rwanda. Go rent the movie "Hotel Rwanda".

I've seen Hotel Rwanda too - its pretty chilling to say the least, a real eye opener.

And I couldn't agree more with what you previously said. What's just as annoying is the British government seems to enjoy copying the Americans, so the UK ends up invloved in all this stuff too.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
we'll the UK and Tony Blair are US's little lapdogs. And sides, if you 2 countrys wouldn't stick together in everythin you do you wouldn't be such a big force to reckon with.

I almost think that there is a document somewhere signed by the US and the UK gov that says.

"we promise to never disagree in any matter......................... sign here"

Man I feel you, stupidity is frustrating

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
andreas said:
we'll the UK and Tony Blair are US's little lapdogs. And sides, if you 2 countrys wouldn't stick together in everythin you do you wouldn't be such a big force to reckon with.

I almost think that there is a document somewhere signed by the US and the UK gov that says.

"we promise to never disagree in any matter......................... sign here"

Man I feel you, stupidity is frustrating

Word, and the rest of Europe often decides to follow the UK and America so everything escalates.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Yeah. Well thank good for the UN atleast having the guts to put their foot down and telling em it's not OK.

Man we need a change of power.

Bush, that fucking idiot, needs to be thrown off the balcony of the whitehouse and set in his place Michael Moore.

Peace / A

members online