Logic 7 vs. ProTools

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Aiight peeps! Check this out,

I'm trying do decide what to get as my ax for laying my tracks down on - ether ProTools or logic 7. I've wo worked with ProTools before and i like it and most of the people that I know here in KC (pros in the game) use it as well and they mix my stuff for me (all my stuff on soundclick was done BEFORE taking them into ProTools). Here's my thing...I've read an article from a magazine where a top porducer said that in a few years Logic will overtake ProTools. I had a recent conversation with a cat at a music gear store and he told me the same thing. He said that Logic was better than ProTools as far as ease of use and the amount of plug-ins bundled under a real nice price. I've NEVER worked with Logic but i wonder if any of you have worked with both and have some insight on this. i would like to hear you all thoughts.

Holla back

-DJ X-sinna

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
type in google Logic vs pro tools Dp4 vs Pro tools Cubase Vs Pro tools

there is a Website where alot of Professional Producers use the apps and they get it DETAIL with the comparing im talking 2-3 Page worth of Pro and cons its been Done for each update

Sorry i just dont feel like typing because there is soo much and the pro tools and aint gonna do it the work for ya just get one ansd get to work man

No need trying to find a App thats the best of the best of the best and ur work aint even the best of the best just a waste of time (speaking in general i never heard ur music)

*www.osxaudio.com doesn't matter if u dont have a mac most the guys on ths site do work in the music Industry .. Film.. Jingles.. Music etc*

ill o.g.
lol, I never used either of them cause Im on a pc.But if I was runnin a mac thats the route I'd take.Logic is the king of midi/virtual instruments where as PT excells in audio/editing/mixing/ mastering.Just seems logical unless you don't use midi much than Id just skip logic and go straight to Protools.But we all use MIDI so...

C

Copenhagen

I use ProTools 6.4 LE with PC, so a Mac is not needed. It is for Logic though, if you want to use version 6 or higher.
I found logic very difficult just to get an overview of and am very happy with ProTools. However, it really depends on what you want from your program and what suits you. Regarding ProTools overtaking Logic, many will still use ProTools just out of habit. Also, if you boys use ProTools, you can easily bring your sessions to them, if you have ProTools yourself.

CHEFBOYARBEATZ

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i have booth........the learning curb in logic is alot harder then pro tools and also logic is pricey because its only for macs......I love logic but im so used to pro tools that im still rocking pro tools for mixing and as of now im just raping logic for its sounds........

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
logic is cool when you have a lot of midi gear since you have the option to customize the platform as you like ( in regards to building a gui for your setup ). You also need to work at fixinf your screensets which makes the workprocess real quick. Third, learn the short cuts and editing via mouse commands. You get those 3 and you're on your way...in the end its realy logical lol.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
I use ProTools 6.4 LE with PC, so a Mac is not needed. It is for Logic though, if you want to use version 6 or higher.
I found logic very difficult just to get an overview of and am very happy with ProTools. However, it really depends on what you want from your program and what suits you. Regarding ProTools overtaking Logic, many will still use ProTools just out of habit. Also, if you boys use ProTools, you can easily bring your sessions to them, if you have ProTools yourself.

Yeah, I've heard from a friend of mine in North Carolina that logic was really hard to figure out. He swares by Cubase. I ended up getting ProTools LE 6.4 32 track setup only because I'm very familiar with it and so many producers and engineers in Kansas City use it and all the major studios here. So I can drop my tracks and record my vocals at the crib and just take my hard drive to any studio here and let the engineer do the rest.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Logic for both, PT has good marketing so these days you think you need PT. If that's true would be answered by your own experience which wont come overnight but regardless of you pick, having the experience would enable you to move around PT or Logic ( though logic is more advanced but the basic features you would expect from a platform is pretty much the same with each oem.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
pro tools is the easiest program out of the three, you can pick it up real quick. i hate the fact that logic and PT however are proprietary and so require certain hardware unlike Cubase but if that is not a problem, id go for PT no doubt.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Ok, so here's a dumb question that has probably been asked and answered before so PLEASE forgive me for asking. Can I do a session in Logic 7 Pro (sequence my beats, samples, drums and such) then take that session into ProTools 6.4 to mix and edit??? I guess that would be ReWire. Help! I have both and I want to take full advantage of my setup. Holla!

members online