Look what I ended up with

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@Fade

pads still suck but when I put the sensitivity all the way up they are not too bad. This thing is fun.

C957FD9F-7BED-4A04-A27E-B5E8F09BCF72.jpeg

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

thedreampolice

ill o.g.

I am going to get a space echo and a fender Rhodes a few mics then I am done upgrading the studio probably for a while and get to work on the next Drunk Pedestrians record. For the next Drunk Pedestrians album I am going to make every sound from scratch, and I mean EVERY sound. Every kick, snare, hat, synth. No presets. I am going to filter everything through outboard gear, record to tape and wire recorder. Maybe even sequence everything with Elektron stuff or this MPC. Just all kinds of weird stuff. If I need strings, im getting people in to play real strings. EVERYTHING is going to be home grown. I haven't made a record with mainly hardware in decades so I am going to get started which should take 1-2 years as well as recording the first Davenport Brothers album. So I will probably get some compressors etc for that. Fun times! Also I am at this super weird point in life that I need to buy gear for the tax write-off, so that's a weird first world problem I didn't expect.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh shit! Is that a special edition or just customized? I'd like to eventually get the white face plate for mine.

Do you mean the pads are messed up or you just don't like them?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @thedreampolice pads on the 2000XL are awesome based on when I last inspected mine as it's in storage. My MK3 pads are sturdy, happy I made up my mind and copped it! Aside from buying an external hard drive soon I ain't buying no more gear!

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Its a special edition. I have always thought the AKAI pads of this era were to hard to press, you have to beat the living shit out of them. On full sensitivity they are not bad but the 2000 pads were much nicer.
Special edition always looked really good! If you get the fat pads the sensitivity is much better.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
It is a slippery slope for sure, and I am a huge believer in the power of software and have done many records all software. But hardware does make you focus in a different way, and they are instruments in their own right. So they can bring a different perspective to your music. They certainly wont make a bad song good though.

MyDamSelph

Beatmaker

I am going to get a space echo and a fender Rhodes a few mics then I am done upgrading the studio probably for a while and get to work on the next Drunk Pedestrians record. For the next Drunk Pedestrians album I am going to make every sound from scratch, and I mean EVERY sound. Every kick, snare, hat, synth. No presets. I am going to filter everything through outboard gear, record to tape and wire recorder. Maybe even sequence everything with Elektron stuff or this MPC. Just all kinds of weird stuff. If I need strings, im getting people in to play real strings. EVERYTHING is going to be home grown. I haven't made a record with mainly hardware in decades so I am going to get started which should take 1-2 years as well as recording the first Davenport Brothers album. So I will probably get some compressors etc for that. Fun times! Also I am at this super weird point in life that I need to buy gear for the tax write-off, so that's a weird first world problem I didn't expect.
As far as strings, I've got 14 years on guitar and would be down to contribute something to your project if you need a guitarist. I'd like to start getting some remote collab experience, and I can play anything up to the level of Polyphia. Blues are my roots, though. Let me know.