Looking for a straight forward MP3 metadata editor for OSX

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Word, I mean i have a ton of "audio editing" software that can do the job one-by-one but I want something that basically lets you edit metadata of mp3 collections in the exact same way itunes does but as its own standalone application, preferably with a batch process....thats the deal breaker for me.....I gotta be able to grab a whole album and tag all the tracks in one go - quick and simple.

To summarize: I just want a app that ONLY edits metatags, just something lightweight that has one simple function, ie. cleaning up your mp3 meta.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Your right Chris, iTunes can do this, but the catch is you have to import the songs into your library first....I dont wanna mess with all of that. I want to just be able to load them up in a lightweight program and update the tags, save, then done. Cuz iTunes works fine for that if you want your songs to live inside of your ipod or your iTunes library but I dont.

TriTag looks cool, I thought they stopped making that software for some reason.
That might just do the trick, thanks.

PS - the right click thing must either be a 10.5 feature or a feature that gets added to your contextual menu after you installed some other software cuz I dont get that.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
In iTunes, I just select all the songs I want to adjust with the same info like, genre, artist, album title, etc and I hit "COMMAND i" and type it all in and it applies it to the MP3s. And then I export the files again to embed that info in the new MP3s.

Is that what you are talking about?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Cuz iTunes works fine for that if you want your songs to live inside of your ipod or your iTunes library but I dont.

I guess it works for me cuz I don't store anything in my iTunes library anyway. I delete everything after I listen to it.

I don't like the way iTunes or iPhoto files everything. I do it all manually.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
I dig what your saying, i do the same thing now. But im trying to avoid all the extra backend so that I can just edit my tags and go on to something else.....I hate how you gotta delete everything afterwards cuz you were forced to import into your library in the first place, kinda annoying.

members online