Looking For You

JustIn Flow

ILLIEN
Very nice! The sound is very balanced, warm and nicely mixed. The vocals are inserted very harmoniously.
Personally, only a touch of variance is missing.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I like the vocal harmony in the beginning, I think as a whole it sounds nice. I will say that the effects seem a bit too heavy for me personally when compared to the music backing them. I don't think it sounds bad, i just think a lighter touch would make it sound a bit less messy. I suppose if this was harmonized using something like OVOX it would be difficult to get a lighter touch to it. Granted I'm not very experienced with it other than playing around a bit. Onto the verse section, it also sounds good. I like the drum work. Real crunchy tone overall, but it has a certain lushness to it as well that you don't get with the hook's extra instrument. The pitched vocal is a nice touch too. On my first listen I found the transition between the hook and the verse to be a bit jarring, almost like too much was being removed at once and it was two different beats with the same chord progression, but on subsequent playthroughs I'm not hearing it anymore now that I'm expecting it. I think it's fine, and with a vocal addition I wouldn't have noticed it at all. A lot of space for vocals too which is nice. The drum drop bringing some of the loops back into it is really satisfying. The second verse bell sound is nice. Brings a completely new dynamic to the beat and really fills it out. The highest register stuff is a tad on the harsh side I think, but otherwise its a welcome addition to an already enjoyable beat. Third hook, I like the pitched vocal addition to it, it sits nicely amongst the mix, and the continuation into the breakdown/third verse works well also.

Overall I'd say this is really nicely done. I like a melancholy beat, and this fits that description to a T. A lot of variation that I honestly learned a bit from looking at it through an analytical lens. Particularly with the creative ways you made each section feel familiar yet each part was its own.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
This is really good man. A few mixing opinions, I feel the bass is kind of muddy, maybe tighten it up in EQ or put a second bass on top of it, with some twang, to help the bass cut through. I like the sound selection overall. Drums are good. I like the background vocals on the hook, they really complement the hook lead vocals very well. Good on you for finding that!