Love & Hip Hop

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Last night was my first time watching the show and I gotta ask, if any of you caught it, do you think Jim Jones was justified in running up on Samaya's manager like he did?

For those that didn't catch it, here's what went down basically... Samaya was trying to get JJ to do a verse on her song. She is trying to get in the rap game. Jim checks out her music and he likes it, everything is all good. So she does a show in NY but she has a live band playing for her, she's a little nervous but she did OK.

JJ's old lady and a friend of hers go to the show but think shes not ready. So she tells JJ and he pulls out of the deal (after making Samaya go back and redo her work). So Samaya finds out the JJ's girl was the determining factor and confronts her.

So JJ's girl and her friend are talking ish about Samaya in front of her manager and he calls JJ's girl triffling, and says that JJ only makes 10 grand a show blah...meanwhile, she's calling him Tattoo (because he's short). So she gets pissed because they confronted her and calls JJ.

So later on Samaya and her manager are at a restaurant and JJ comes in with his goons, snatches the manager outside and starts to confront him. The whole time JJ was trying to speak with the dude, his goon is grabbing him, pushing him, mushing him all in his face and so on... so the manager tells JJ that he had apologized to his girl but it was off camera. JJ then takes him back in front of the camera and tells him to repeat it to the camera. The manager does, one of the goons is video'ing it on a cell phone as well.

Then JJ and crew walk away. So now Samaya, her manager and a couple of other friends go back and discuss what happened.

Personally, I didn't agree with how it went down. You can't disrespect someones girl without being confronted BUT it just seemed a bit extreme and the manager didn't stand a chance in hell against JJ's goons... a part of me wished that the manager would have been wearing a bomb vest and clicked the switch, then a part of me understands why JJ did it but I think it was too extreme.

So what do you guys think? Should your girl have that much power or should she play her position? If she knows that JJ will flip out and possibly hurt somebody, should she even had called him in the first place when it was all started because she was talking ish about Samaya from the jump?

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
didn't see it. heard about it. and from your rundown, got pretty much the same picture from what i heard earlier.

i think that your girl should play her position. she shouldn't be involved with any of your "business." she's your girl and not your manager/advisor/assistant for a reason. somaya's manager was wrong for talking shit about jj too though. if he was good enough to do the song before he pulled out (i'm sure they were hyping jj up about how dope he was), then he just be just as dope if he doesn't do the song.

but anyway, his girl shouldn't have gotten involved at all. just my $.02

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I think JJ's woman should just be that....JJ's woman. Let the professionals in the game conduct their business. But to talk shit about the man's woman on camera.......Now you've crossed the line. Now when JJ came through...they confronted dude...they didn't beat him down...they may have humiliated him and embarrassed him.... But JJ could've easily had the dude beaten down for what he's done....but by making him apologize in front of a camera was a good move.....shows how quickly shit could get violent but JJ kept it as non-violent as possible.

Only thing I saw wrong was JJ's woman not staying in her lane....now because of that....JJ had to confront dude after Samaya and team caught sour grapes...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah I agree, it was kinda messed up just because JJ brought the goon squad for something that he could have handled himself. He had already met the manager and everything so it wasn't like he didn't know what he was dealing with. Basically he brought an army to a thumb wrestling contest...lol. Even still, bring the goons but have them lay low just in case, but to have them man handling dude like they were doing, before they could settle the debt was excessive and kinda weak imo.

As for JJ's girl...thats what she should be..."his girl" and leave it at that. JJ should keep her away from the business aspects of what he does.

Just another twist...what if it were someone like Jay-Z managing Somaya and the same thing went down...I wonder if JJ would have done the same thing? I doubt it, I think he would have approached it an entirely different way.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Its a show. JJ also has an image to uphold. Im not surprised, you dont talk about people in disrespectful ways w/cameras around in hiphop.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
so what, this woman, not a girl, a grown ass woman, who saw fit to inject herself in other peoples business and fuck it up, can't defend herself?

a grown ass man who needs to win a hollow victory by bringing goons to intimidate. all that conveys is someone to 'fraid to to it themselves.

i also want to ask, of those that overstand jim jones actions, if not his methods, did you also overstand nick cannon's defense of his wife and mother to his child?

seriously, if someone was fucking with your money or career, would anybody let that shit go without saying a disparaging word about that person or entity?

this show seems like a hot mess, and not in the entertaining way, and of course, all the fake shit that goes with it. i won't be watching it

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Last night was my first time watching the show and I gotta ask, if any of you caught it, do you think Jim Jones was justified in running up on Samaya's manager like he did?

For those that didn't catch it, here's what went down basically... Samaya was trying to get JJ to do a verse on her song. She is trying to get in the rap game. Jim checks out her music and he likes it, everything is all good. So she does a show in NY but she has a live band playing for her, she's a little nervous but she did OK.

JJ's old lady and a friend of hers go to the show but think shes not ready. So she tells JJ and he pulls out of the deal (after making Samaya go back and redo her work). So Samaya finds out the JJ's girl was the determining factor and confronts her.

So JJ's girl and her friend are talking ish about Samaya in front of her manager and he calls JJ's girl triffling, and says that JJ only makes 10 grand a show blah...meanwhile, she's calling him Tattoo (because he's short). So she gets pissed because they confronted her and calls JJ.

So later on Samaya and her manager are at a restaurant and JJ comes in with his goons, snatches the manager outside and starts to confront him. The whole time JJ was trying to speak with the dude, his goon is grabbing him, pushing him, mushing him all in his face and so on... so the manager tells JJ that he had apologized to his girl but it was off camera. JJ then takes him back in front of the camera and tells him to repeat it to the camera. The manager does, one of the goons is video'ing it on a cell phone as well.

Then JJ and crew walk away. So now Samaya, her manager and a couple of other friends go back and discuss what happened.

Personally, I didn't agree with how it went down. You can't disrespect someones girl without being confronted BUT it just seemed a bit extreme and the manager didn't stand a chance in hell against JJ's goons... a part of me wished that the manager would have been wearing a bomb vest and clicked the switch, then a part of me understands why JJ did it but I think it was too extreme.

So what do you guys think? Should your girl have that much power or should she play her position? If she knows that JJ will flip out and possibly hurt somebody, should she even had called him in the first place when it was all started because she was talking ish about Samaya from the jump?

This is a soap opera reality show.. I HATE anyting soap operas because it has a plot that could easily resolved by not doing dumb shit and yet er body takes the hard route..
I got through half of the description and felt compeled to scream and not read anymore...
Thats how I feel about who the hell ever isnt doing music according to logic because of some bitch.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
a grown ass man who needs to win a hollow victory by bringing goons to intimidate. all that conveys is someone to 'fraid to to it themselves.

Theres a difference between a victory and displaying force to teach a lesson to others on national tv.

i also want to ask, of those that overstand jim jones actions, if not his methods, did you also overstand nick cannon's defense of his wife and mother to his child?

That was understandable also, but Nick didnt do it in any way that showed he was teaching a lesson. It was more like a nerd in a hard place trying to look good for his cheerleader girlfriend at junior high school, So he decided to send some shots at the Jock. Nick didnt show any huge display of force. And battling Em was NOT the way to do that. He shouldve did some stand up comedy. Something in HIS element where he could handle the situation in a decisive manner. The boxing match was cool but cmon. A challenge and actively, INSTANTLY, and PUBLICLY humiliating an attacker/bully/whatever is the ONLY way to defeat him.

seriously, if someone was fucking with your money or career, would anybody let that shit go without saying a disparaging word about that person or entity?

Its how you go about that. Especially taking into account who you're dealing with. Unless you're a brolic thug type. Then yes, handle it how ever. Just expect to get shot instead of beat up.

this show seems like a hot mess, and not in the entertaining way, and of course, all the fake shit that goes with it. i won't be watching it

agreed

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

members online