Lumidee = Teletubbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Is it just me or does Lumidee's song sound like a fuck!ng Teletubbie singing.. I like the drums on the song...its the same beat as Sean Paul's "Get Busy" but her singing sucks ... just another example of how people are forced fed crap through radio.

B

BeatOff

Worst vocals i've heard since pharell started to sing. The shit is awful, blame clear channel i turned off the radio since 97 when they took over and ruined it. Now you turn on kmel or any other bay station and you'll hear the same shit sometimes at the same time and a gang of commercials. I fuckin hate them all. It makes me angry enough to want to send a fuckin pipe bomb to the station and blow it the fuck up. You have a 100% chance you'll hear one of these 5 songs when you turn to either station.

Chingy-Right Thurr
Monica- So Gone
50 Cent-One of his 9 Wack singles
Sean Paul-Shake that thing or Like Glue
LiL john-Get low.

By the way when did the bay area become atlanta. I go to atlanta every year and even they dont play as much Atlanta GARBAGE and southern CRAP that we play out here. No love for local artist or california at all like back in the day.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
right now that monica is one of my favs as far as rnb go. but i like the fact that a song like lumidee snuck up on people and even went somewhere....sometimes you cant see the bad in something but the good...maybe in your homestudio you might even have a chance to sneak in.

C

Copenhagen

When talking R&B, I personal like Monica's - So Gone album. Also, I just got a free copy of Lumidee's album today. I don't like "Never Leave You" that much...the beat is too used at the moment. Sean Paul, Wayne Wonder, Lumidee etc uses the same beat and a lot of others have made something similar. Also, I thought she sang off key on the track...but after having listened to her album it just seems her voice doesn't fit those kind of tracks. She sings the slow songs on her album ok...but otherwise it's only a track with Noreaga where she sounds ok even though it's a little more up tempo.

ill o.g.
BEATOFF, i feel u man shit sucks out here now.. 99% of dirty south style rap is a fuckin joke... I know i will sound like an old man by sayin this but dirty south shit is just a bunch of yellin on a fuckin microphone theres no skill in that shit fuck it..lets end it

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
you all are talkin crazy to me, i mean down south rap is what it is, comparing ny or east coast rap to downsouth rap is like comparing apples and oranges. some people like apples and some people dont some people like both but i mean it all goes according to your taste. in east coast rap they use big words and sh*t in downsouth rap its more simple. dont say its trash or down it cause its different. Im from jamaica queens ny and i got fam in the south.....some days i feel like listening to a lil downsouth funk and somedays i wanna mellow out and listen to nas.....believe it or not but in the clubs i go to downsouth will get the club jumpin and get the girls grindin on mah **Bleep** faster than nas will......

B

BeatOff

I listen to shit i like period. I dont care where its from but when I live out west and i hear mothafuckin 5 songs from just atlanta artists and not one bay area cat i get pissed the fuck off. And they play it all day. Personally the best shit out of the south is Outkast and even they are on some wack shit as of late.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
well see the thing is you wonder how an A&R can be in a room full of talent and always pick the wackest, but as far as your nearest commercial station except maybe a few unsold out locations that play local music the reason the Dirty Dirty gets play is that shidd sells units on its own big time with no major label....so major labels knows that is easy and big money for them so they back it.....a lot of good shidd and hip hop always stays underground....but also for club DJ's to agree with KO, the dirty dirty 32nd bounce will always move the females b4 just about any foundation hip hop track unfortunately.....

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Lumiedee: SHE GOT OVER LIKE FAT RAT!!!! The song is a cute little ditty, but DAMN! If I did that I'd be ranked #0.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by BeatOff
I listen to shit i like period. I dont care where its from but when I live out west and i hear mothafuckin 5 songs from just atlanta artists and not one bay area cat i get pissed the fuck off. And they play it all day. Personally the best shit out of the south is Outkast and even they are on some wack shit as of late.

Maybe you shouldn't listen to the radio...Stop hatin so much and try to put the bay area on the map...crying about it really doesn't help at all:bawling:

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
whoa...... i dont think he was cryin, inrcty!!!! im sure that he is doing his thing and waiting for his moment to come, same as the rest of us!!!

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
Maybe you shouldn't listen to the radio...Stop hatin so much and try to put the bay area on the map...crying about it really doesn't help at all:bawling:

Damn right i'm "hating", on the mindless sheep like yourself who are too shook to voice your opinion i'll complain all the fuck i want its my right to. Fuck the radio and fuck all the wack shit the play on it. You continue to sit around like a sheep. You're too blind to see that it affects anybody who's in the music game you think people can just get put on like in the past when coorporations were not in control? Shits fucked up now. Hating :rolleyes: maybe you should go on Jenny jones and come out swinging your arms since that seems to be a favorite word of yours.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
HEY, NOW, GUYS...GUYS!!!!! guys? are you there? hello.....................
maybe you two should settle this with a friendly battle!!!!!

in all seriousness, this argument shouldnt even have occured... and should be ended before it turns into another thread of This Guy Vs. That Guy......

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Damn right i'm "hating", on the mindless sheep like yourself who are too shook to voice your opinion i'll complain all the fuck i want its my right to. Fuck the radio and fuck all the wack shit the play on it. You continue to sit around like a sheep. You're too blind to see that it affects anybody who's in the music game you think people can just get put on like in the past when coorporations were not in control? Shits fucked up now. Hating maybe you should go on Jenny jones and come out swinging your arms since that seems to be a favorite word of yours.

Any other time this would be enough to get me started with all kinds of shit talking but it makes no sense right now to do that...I'm far from shook to voice my opinion I am a very out and over spoken person but the one thing I don't do is complain like a little girl ..If shits so fucked up what are you going to do to change it complain complain complain it is your natural born right to complain but it wont get you any where I'm no where near blind I'm makin an effort to get my shit out on my own..I'm in the grind right now...You can say fuck the radio all you want but if your shit was on the radio you wouldn't have nothing to say and if you had a chance to be on jenny jones right now you would jump on it..If anything it seems like it's easier for someone to get put on now than in the past and no matter what you say coorporations were always and will always be in contorl so before you call me or anyone else a mindless sheep you should ask yourself what are you doing...actions speak louder than words,Don't talk about it be about it...These are 2 statments that the most sucessful people wether it's music or not live by..I wish you luck in everything you do music wise and hope you can look at things from different angles and see what's what

And I'm all for a battle of the beats if he is truth and joe...I have no problem shooting a fair one with anyone

Beatoff I have one question?Why would you hate on a mindless sheep:confused:

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I thought this Thread is about Lumidee sounding like the Teletubbies? Oh well ... But what kills me is that people always say don't hate ... what I don't understand is, why when someone express' there opinion, thats considered hating? If something sucks then it sucks ... some people have bad taste in music and some don't. If we don't express ourselves as producers, then what do we do? ... sit back and accept the fact that hip hop is going in the shitter? NO! When someone says stop hating it's like a fad ... just a thing to say ... people get it twisted ... they don't even know what hating is ... its definitly not giving a opinion. Because if thats the case ... then when someone says "stop hating" ....what are they really doing? HATING!

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
Any other time this would be enough to get me started with all kinds of shit talking but it makes no sense right now to do that...I'm far from shook to voice my opinion I am a very out and over spoken person but the one thing I don't do is complain like a little girl ..If shits so fucked up what are you going to do to change it complain complain complain it is your natural born right to complain but it wont get you any where I'm no where near blind I'm makin an effort to get my shit out on my own..I'm in the grind right now...You can say fuck the radio all you want but if your shit was on the radio you wouldn't have nothing to say and if you had a chance to be on jenny jones right now you would jump on it..If anything it seems like it's easier for someone to get put on now than in the past and no matter what you say coorporations were always and will always be in contorl so before you call me or anyone else a mindless sheep you should ask yourself what are you doing...actions speak louder than words,Don't talk about it be about it...These are 2 statments that the most sucessful people wether it's music or not live by..I wish you luck in everything you do music wise and hope you can look at things from different angles and see what's what

And I'm all for a battle of the beats if he is truth and joe...I have no problem shooting a fair one with anyone

Beatoff I have one question?Why would you hate on a mindless sheep:confused:

For starters its always funny when people ASSume like they know what you're doing. You have no idea what i'm working on over here or what i'm doing. You act like you cant make moves and voice an opinion about something at the same time. Thats what I call a sheep. A person who just goes with the flow and wont speak up on bullshit just because they are scared they might get the door slammed in their face because of their opinion. I dont give a fuck, i'll make moves and complain about wack shit all day. Music is going down the drain as we speak, hiphop is at its worst, they dont give any new DECENT artists a shine at all. Its all about party and club shit 24-7 you never hear some chill hiphop on the radio. I'm not talking about some concious shit all the time either, Not even some smooth summer time hiphop. Its all GARBAGE everything the beats suck. Just because the neptunes make something its assumed its hot. That busta rhymes "Light ya ass on fire" is a fucking joke. If Me or You made that and took it to a label we'd get a door slammed in our face.

The thing is we dont even get a chance to get our beat on the radio because they only let 4 or 5 producers get on as well as a hand ful of artists. Shit aint like it was, and until something changes i'm gonna go around voicing my opinion to anybody that has something to do with music.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Voice your opinion and complaining are 2 different things but this is a lost cause so i'll leave it alone..You're right about that Busta shit we would get the door slammed in our face but this shit is like driving you drive perfect until you get your liscence two hands on the wheel and sit straight up once you get your licsence you get lazy one hand on the wheel gangsta lean and speeding....So you just go hard with your beats until you make it and onceyou have a name dor yourself you can put out what ever bullshit you want look at light your ass on fire The Flyest(nas) and the worst neptune track I heard What it is(Busta Rhymes feat Kelis)I see where you're coming from..My point is if you want to voice your opinion do so ..But once you get your foot in the door you can start to voice it where you will actually be heard

B

BeatOff

Its all relative, Complaining to you is another persons opinion. Usually people who think somebody is complaining only think so because the view point or point of discussion is different than theirs. When I say Chingy is wack as fuck, its my opinion but to somebody else i'm a "Complaining hater"

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
yo man i agree..sort of...

i mean i see what your saying and i agree with inrctyhoodmusic that if my shit actually hit tha radio i wouldnt be knockin out tha radio and saying shit that makes tha radio look wack...but,
i think what most of these guys are trying to say is that radios standards are definently wack!...shit for that matter our nations main demographic of people who listen to mtv and tha radio are literally becoming mindless fucking zombies!!!
im not straight up saying that every single track i have ever heard on tha radio is wack...no way indead!....i jus recognize the wack shit thats pollutin' tha airwaves these days...it fucking sux!

shit thats why about 5-6 years ago i gave up on tha main stream and started digging for some real substance. i - like the rest of a lot of people are just starting to feel that hiphop isnt specifically dead...its jus gettin a little stale, maybe not even hiphop though-i see pop music and tha rest of tha genras just kind of losing substance and meaning and a real passion for music rather than the mighty dollar...you know what i mean?
i have always loved music since i can remember...im sure its tha same for tha rest of you.
im just saying-when you ask yourself...'is music as good as it used to be',or 'does this group even have something to say or are they just another packaged fucking group that the record companies manipulated into being fucking tards like everyone else falling for the same trap??, or 'does music really have such great bands that shook almost the entire world and still did for about 50 more years even?'...i end up thinking NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.