lupe fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont know where 2 post this but i thought yall may like this. my manager is the talent buyer at this club in long beach, ca called the vault and so he tells me lupe is performing like 2 months ago whats sad is that only one ticket has been sold since then. i think hes sick but what do yall think it would take to get this guy career of the ground. oh he only gets 6gs a show while cam and daddy yankee and camron is gettin 25 50gs a show

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol...thats funny to me.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You got to understand the dynamic of it all. Yeah, he a outstanding and talented emcee but many are not into him yet. It bad enough his album got leak. Most of the song that were slated to be released on the album got leak. So now he has to get theing moving. That why his relation isn't good with Atlantic right now. He stated that he has only given a selected few thew album but we know how that works. He's got to get more out there with his music, then they will come.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its all politics in the game right now, seems like everyone is stuck on this CRUNK REGGAETON and DIRTY SOUTH shit, and a lot of real mc's are getting no love because of it, i thought lupe would be great for hip hop right now, his lyrics were real and i liked his vibe, instead like CLEV put it, all people want to listen to is dudes jumpin around sippin on gasoline bottles and shit, screaming YEAH and WHAT, lol

so i dont know what it will take to get his career started off, but it shows you people with talant get the shaft, while annoying mother fuckers get that paper!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
That's too bad. Lupe is nice on the mic and he deserves more attention IMO. I agree with Grafik 100% - Politics rule the day when it comes to the music industry. That's why you see some artists with records out who suck ass but for some reason they got a record deal. Makes me wanna shit sometimes.

cnotedatruth

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
lupe

yo i see and know people that work with him personally i submitted some of my song to a guy that with production companys and i we're going to work on my album next month. he is a a excellent Mc and thats what he stick with and thats y i support him plus we're both from the chicago. but he make good music and that what hip hop has lost. he's breaking through more people are catching on. but if you dont have i gimmick behind your music like a dance to your music or doesnt have a subject behind then it (like young joc)people dont wanta hear and that bad. just listen to music the music that hot and listen to lupe you'll hear the diffrence see what im saying. I did a show and i got very little responce and the guy told me after the show that people said my music was a bit to lyrical (which) i thought was very simple but a guy came on after me and got carzy reaction cus he had 808 drums and was talk bout cars and his jewelry damn HIP HOP.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^ we have had the same experience. People dont want to think with their music apparently just zone to bullshit. Maybe the days of political and community activism in music being popular are over. Sad.
But:
Ill take 6 g's a show...and smile :D
Politics is destroying music... but Ive spoke on that in other threads.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
dj360_iNfInItE1 said:
That's too bad. Lupe is nice on the mic and he deserves more attention IMO. I agree with Grafik 100% - Politics rule the day when it comes to the music industry. That's why you see some artists with records out who suck ass but for some reason they got a record deal. Makes me wanna shit sometimes.
Word em up! its not all about the music unfortunately, its what sells...sometime dope joints do not sell, and sometimes the artist that can't really perform as a total package but has hot music.....won't always go over well....a label wants the total package...Hot Music/stage and tour money maker/easy to make a fanbase or people identify and will sell records....bottom line in al of that is $$$$$ like has been said... if you can hit 9's or 10's in the 3 areas above you ganna prolly be successful as and artist...but you still gotta have hot music or rather marketable music covered everytime...whether that translates to if the music is wack or not the best that's debatable because it's whether or not it is selling.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
bigdmakintrax said:
Word em up! its not all about the music unfortunately, its what sells...sometime dope joints do not sell, and sometimes the artist that can't really perform as a total package but has hot music.....won't always go over well....a label wants the total package...Hot Music/stage and tour money maker/easy to make a fanbase or people identify and will sell records....bottom line in al of that is $$$$$ like has been said... if you can hit 9's or 10's in the 3 areas above you ganna prolly be successful as and artist...but you still gotta have hot music or rather marketable music covered everytime...whether that translates to if the music is wack or not the best that's debatable because it's whether or not it is selling.

not necessarly true, look at the ying yang twins for example, i would say they def dont have 9s or 10s in any of those areas except maybe the money part, i would say they are some of the worst rappers i think i have ever heard, now this is my opinion others might disagree with me, and why are they selling records, simple the answer is MARKETING!!!!!! who to market too, the younger generation who hasnt grown up with the hip hop most of us are familiar with, where lyrics mean something, etc.........so as these kids grow up all they are seeing on TV is people like the ying yang twins or whomever, rapping some shitty lyrics over a beat and they THINK this is HIP HOP, so basically everything like LUPE and rappers that speak about their life and meaningful things they are not familiar with, which means they are going to ignore it!!!!!!!!!!

so yes hip hop is dying and people like Lupe are not going to blow up like most of these rappers we see on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online