M-Audio 410

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got this and I am really happy with it so far. Any other users? I haven't gotten really deep into it yet, any tips you have come across for recording with it?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
naw haven't really heard anything about it. can u hook it up wit a lil synopsis of its features and whatnot/?

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2 x 8 24-bit/96kHz analog I/O; 192kHz stereo out
2 mic/line ins w/ preamps and phantom power
8 line outs to mixer or direct surround output
S/PDIF digital I/O w/ PCM, AC-3, and DTS support
1 x 1 MIDI I/O

FireWire 410 is a FireWire-compatible audio/MIDI interface that has it all—power, flexibility, compact size and low price. FireWire 410’s 4-in/10-out configuration complete with preamps is perfect for personal recording, routing discrete outputs to a mixer, or directly driving a surround sound system. The on-board ASIO 2-compliant mixer and software control panel provide total routing flexibility—including monitoring with external effects. You also get ultra-low latency software monitoring and near-zero latency hardware direct monitoring—and two headphone outs with independent level controls let you collaborate with a partner anywhere, anytime. FireWire 410 can even be completely bus-powered for total mobile operation (6-pin FireWire port required)

more info is here: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWire410-main.html

Attachments

• firewire_410.jpg
    firewire_410.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 142

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well I plan on eventually upgrading to a mix of hardware/software and when I do I'll make sure to check this out. But to classic, how do you use an interface as a soundcard?

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
im not classic, but, an audio interface is basically a professional soundcard. They come in all shapes and sizes and connections, pci, usb, firewire, pcmia (laptop thing). Some have breakout boxes, that have the actual connections. Hmm, yea thats basically it. How to use an interface is simple, it depends on how the connection is, and dont be pulling that 410 out with out safely removing it either, its gonna mess up the chip or somethin i heard.

members online

No members online now.