M-audio and emu controller problem.

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey guys i'm new to this computer sequencing and recording thing, but will like to learn it.
I bought a m-audio usb 2x2 midi interface. I have a emu x-board49 controller. I'am using the software that came with the controller "Ableton live lite 4". How can I link my mpc1k,controller,roland jv1010 module,m-audio usb midi interface, and play sounds also from the emu proteuse x le on ableton for sequencing and recording. I'm also having trouble acessing the proteuse x le plug in and my computer is not even bringing up my m-audio interface as a choice to link it to ableton. I hope I dont sound to over whelming, but any little help I can get I would appreciate. Thanks hope to hear from you guys soon so I can start making beats... Thanks again..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
As far as i know; if your wanting to transfer actual analog audio to your computer then you need a interface to record into equiped with either lo-z or hi-z inputs......If its only midi data being transfered to the computer; depending on your rig - you can pass this information on to your computer via usb or midi cable.

Also, the Ableton Live Lite 4 version doesnt allow you to do a variety of certain things, i forgot what exactly, but i know that u cant have numerous tracks goin or rewire to any other prgm till you buy the full version.

Isnt the X-Board a usb controler though?.....I would just route that thing directly into yer usb hub instead of the midi interface and then just assign knobs in Ableton.

julio g.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for responding. How can I assighn knobs to my controller from ableton? Also which would be the full version of ableton. I installed the m-audio 2x2 interface drivers well, but my computer still doesnt recognise it. Did you ever load up the proteuse x- le? I installed it but, when I try to open it up as a plug in in ableton it doesnt let me. I was hoping I could use it with my controller. Hope you can help me. Thanks again for responding.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Um, im not in front of my music PC right now so i cant give exact directions so my advice is to:

1. Read the PDF. manual.
2. There is a button on top right of the transport for Live that enables Midi-Edit mode. If you click that it will enter the edit mode and then all u have to do is click on the knob or fader u want to control/automate.....Then twist yer knob or hit yer button on yer controller that u want to assign it to and Live should recognise it. Afterwards, you can leave midi edit mode.
(I believe you can do tha same thing as well by right clicking on the fader/knob u want to automate and youl get the option to assign midi - this is just another way to assign knobs without clickin the little button at the top of the prgm.)

If that still doesnt help - I can go on my music PC and open Live later to give more difinitive directions.

STEEZ

members online

No members online now.