M-Audio Monitors (Bx5a or Bx8a) ?

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Just pasted this over from another forum that i had originally dropped it on as i would like more feedback on which model to go for

I've been after one of the two models for awhile but now i've got the money to spend im not to sure which one to do for, there is about a £100 in the differance but i don't mind spending the extra for the bx8a as long as it is worth it.

These will be my 1st set of monitors also so if somebody can help me out on the spec that would be good or if you have a pair already to drop your review of them.

Top Features: Bx5a's (£189.00 - $399.95)

- Two-way magnetically shielded studio reference monitors
- 70 watts of distributed power
- 5” Kevlar low-frequency drivers
- 1” natural silk high-frequency drivers
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs

Top Features: Bx8a's (£299.00 - $599.95)

- Two-way magnetically shielded studio reference monitors
- 130 Watts of bi-amped power
- 8” Kevlar low-frequency drivers
- 1” natural silk high-frequency drivers
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs

bx8asmf7.jpg

r2danov

ill o.g.
Have you checked out the:
TAPCO S-5
or
TAPCO S-8?

They're the same price and imho they are better than m-audio speakers.

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
If you have the dough for the 8's listen to them head to head in the store (with your own music) and decide if the are worth the extra 2 billz. It might not hurt to listen to a few others as well.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
If you have the dough for the 8's listen to them head to head in the store (with your own music) and decide if the are worth the extra 2 billz. It might not hurt to listen to a few others as well.

I don't mind spending the amount for the 8's. The only problem i have though is that there isn't any stores around my way that sell monitors or related hardware for producing ect... so thats where i'm after the feedback.

Thanks for the links, never seen these monitors before. They don't seem to have as any features as the M-Audio ones from matching them both up. I'll have a look around for some reviews on them to see if there any good.

members online