M-AUDIO vs. EMU

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I allready made up my mind buyin a Korg padKontrol above the M-Audio Trigger-Finger and Akai MPD16. Now it comes down to the keyboard controller.

So i don't know what to choose from an M-Audio Radium 61-Key, M-Audio Radium 49-Key and E-mu Xboard 49 PRO. I'm leanin towards the E-mu but...

Review's of those who own or played with one of these toys.
Pros cons.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Have you made your mind on the padKontrol over the MPD24?

Anyways, back to the question at hand; you should also check out Korg's MIDI keyboard (has the same keys as the Triton)

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
TheDeen said:
Have you made your mind on the padKontrol over the MPD24?

Anyways, back to the question at hand; you should also check out Korg's MIDI keyboard (has the same keys as the Triton)

Didn't even saw the MPD24. Googel'd it right now and shanks i'm in clouds again. I'll never be able to decide. Ah why'd you had to mention it. I browsed Korg Keyboards but dind't find anything i like.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The mpd24 ain't out yet, so you would have to wait. But other than that why don't you just go to guitar center and bang on all of them shits for a minute. they should have a computer set up to use them on.

If you can try shit out, its really the best way. Other people's reviews are cool if you don't have access, but I done bought too much shit based offa somebody saying it was dope, and then turned right back around and sold it cause I ain't like it.

DigitalTechnic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
veon said:
Didn't even saw the MPD24. Googel'd it right now and shanks i'm in clouds again. I'll never be able to decide. Ah why'd you had to mention it. I browsed Korg Keyboards but dind't find anything i like.

MPD24 don't even come till August and quite frankly it boasts nothing I find worth while. The pads are on the left, who the hell knows why. They must've been on that bubonic.
My Novation ReMOTE already has a ton of knobs & faders so I don't need that(padKONTROL itself has 2 knobs & 2 buttons which is sufficient, not to mention I think 2 more buttons are assignable plus the X/Y pad is assignable). The LCD seems to look nice from what I saw of the MPD24 video but that is also not a necessity though I do dig the blue LCD on my Novation ReMOTE. There just isn't anything there that would make me choose the MPD24 over the padKONTROL.

This isn't biased either, go with the padKONTROL. It's fire man. The pads feel so amazing. Setting it up in FL Studio & Reason was retarded easy. The thing has illumination modes that are ill, in turn you have illuminated pads. Since you can also use any of the pads as triggers thus you basically have a visual notification of its status(on/off). There's just so much you can do with it. The thing also looks like a million bucks even though it is plastic. Plus the things on the bottom of it, when pushed down a tad bit tend to stick to my desk thus I can bang at it and don't have to worry about it moving at all.

The worse that can happen is you don't like it and then return it and get something.

members online