!'m going to Fort Lauderdale...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm going to fort Lauderdale on Saturday for a week (with a 3 day cruise to Bahamas)... and I'm wondering if some of y'all could give me some pointer on what to do while there while escaping the tourist traps... like tourist shops, the Billy Swamp Safari, etc...

Oh, and I'll be with a girl, so no strip joints for me...

Hook a brother up, guys!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i wud hit up Record shops,clubs,the beach fine restaurants

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
NO DON'T GO !!! according to Wikipedia:

"According to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau, Fort Lauderdale is "America's top gay resort area." In 2006, members of gay-interest site, PlanetOut, named the city as the "best gay resort town";[68] the city actively pursues gay and lesbian tourists.[69] The city is also home to a large year-round population of gay residents.[70] The city's Stonewall Library & Archives is the largest-circulation LGBT library in the southeastern United States.[71] Neighboring Wilton Manors was the second city in the country (after West Hollywood, California) to elect a gay-majority city council.[72]"

Just kidding ! I went there a few times, nice place. Downtown is not bad, there a few restaurants
and shops that your lady friend might like.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
the homey Trav Williams is from there.... I don't really know of any spots you could hit...

Lol@ the gay resort capital.....

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Are there any clubs banging around there?... That's what I want to know...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Only thing I can say about a cruise is buy your booze locally and not on the cruise ship. I have never been on a cruise myself yet... but my brother-in-law says that buying cheap booze was a big deal.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
You can bring your own booze on board?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think it is different rules for different cruises but yeah... you usually can. That was the first thing they did. Bought a bunch of vodka, rum and coke. They were drunk from noon to midnight.

members online

No members online now.