Mac Users: Need a simple/effective utility app to batch convert files?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Then Switch is a great tool.

[+] This app is especially useful for those of you who compile drums on your computer first to be later sent to your MPC.
[+] As we all know, the MPC has a polyphony limit which is easy to max out and one way to remedy this problem is to collapse all stereo drum sounds to mono in order to save/conserve voices.

[+] This can be done in batch processes with Switch.​

[+] It also acts as a great tool for converting one type of audio file to another, ie. ogg>mp3, etc....

[+] Finally, it also lets you convert sample rates as well.

**I did notice that now Switch is only offered as the "Plus Version" which I personally do not have or use since I have the "Basic Free Version", so Im not entirely sure if they have implemented any processing restraints that were once not there in the free version....Just in case, I uploaded a copy of the version I have from my applications folder to mediafire....Download HERE.

Enjoy.
STEEZ

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I have been using it for a couple of years. Defnitely good shit. Anyone here fuck with Wiretap? That programs is the shit for anyone that samples. You can sample ANYTHING quick fast and in a hurry

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Naw...never heard of it. Is it open source?
*oooooh, never mind looks like its 70 bucks.
(The only thing i dont like about the way it looks is its "modular"....the application is split up into several floating windows from what I can see...) Im just picky and like a self-contained environment for music apps usually...

What it does looks cool tho.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Naw...never heard of it. Is it open source?
*oooooh, never mind looks like its 70 bucks.
(The only thing i dont like about the way it looks is its "modular"....the application is split up into several floating windows from what I can see...) Im just picky and like a self-contained environment for music apps usually...

What it does looks cool tho.

Yeah i forgot to mention it cost...$70 though????..it was like 20 when i got it...maybe your looking at a suite version or something..the floating windows is a little annoying,but it made it real easy to sample dvds,itunes,youtube videos and stuff of that nature so i deal

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Naw no doubt man. I wasnt saying its not possibly a dope software, im just hella picky.
I use AudioHijack for getting samples from the net, etc however it looks like wiretap does a couple more things possibly.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Naw no doubt man. I wasnt saying its not possibly a dope software, im just hella picky.
I use AudioHijack for getting samples from the net, etc however it looks like wiretap does a couple more things possibly.

Fa sho. I was just adding my two cents to why i like it . Different strokes for different folks

members online