Macbook Pro Owners

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Okay, so I own a Macbook Pro 2.22 ghz Intel Core Duo 2 / 2 gb ram etc. It's been 10 months since I bought it and I'm noticing some flaws on it. Here are the things I started noticing in order:

1. When I hook up the ScratchLive interface to the USB on the right side of the MBP, it tends to drop a little when Idle for 30-60 seconds. The USB on the left side works fine with no drop when it's idle.

2. The MBP gets really hot. So hot that it bent/warped the casing obove the optical drive (cd player) due to the heat and the pressure from my hand when I'm typing and using the laptop. (I just recently had this problem repaired 2 weeks ago at the Apple store at no charge. I can still see a lil warpness but it's better than before)

3. Okay this past weekend I had a gig. For some reason, the buttons in the middle of the keyboard stops working for a few seconds and starts working again. This was a pain in the ass while I was trying to browse through songs and use short cut keys. The buttons, F5, 5, T, G, and B stops working for like 10-20 seconds (sometimes longer) and starts working again. It's like an on and off situation. It was working fine before I got my MBP repaired.... (Using external keyboard was fine. It's only a problem with the MBP keyboard)

I'm gonna give this a few more days. I might have to set up another appointment again with apple. I hate leaving my laptop with them. I can't be without my laptop for a day, it's almost like a cell phone to me, my whole life is in there.... well not my entire life, but all my work is in there.

If you are a Macbook Pro owner. Tell us your technical problems and tips.

P/S - Great laptop btw. It's just these little shit that makes me wanna smash this muthafucka up.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Kurt, did you get the firmware update? That is suppose to fix the heating problem that the Macbook Pro has been having. In apples attempt to have the fastest, less noisy laptop in the world, temp control was sacracifed which is definitely not good for how you use yours, music production and Dj'ing. If you don't already have the update you can get it directly from Apples website. If you have to take it back in tell them to change the paste that's on top or your processor as well. I've read that decreases the temp. Get that update if you don't have it though. It'll probably cure the problem.

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
you said it had to be repaired... If your laptop was opened (by an apple tech i hope), then it's possible that they didn't place the keyboard back in the correct position, that could explain the keys acting up like that... but again, that would be if your mac was opened...
Also, apple had a recall out for some defective batteries that were making some mac books overheat out of the normal range... check with you apple store, they might hook you up with a new battery...
I've hear the mac book pro has more problems that the regular one... one thing that made laugh was that because the mac book pro has a titanium casing instead of the plastic one, the signal from the internal airport adapter gets trapped (bouncing inside the machine) hence reducing the range of connectivity... that sucks!!! i have a regular mac book and have not encountered any issues... yet...

Peace.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well you gotta think about safety, if the heat is questioning your safety then contact them, try to hold your hand above the heat source, if you cant witstand the heat than its an anomalie.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
kurtis just scared the hell out of me!!!

Lool He had me looking at my Mac book pro differently. lol

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Okay I got my shit fixed. They replaced the top casing where the trackpad is. That fixed everything for me. Everything works 100% fine now. Good part is I only had to wait 30 minutes for the repair. Seemed like this tech that helped me out knew what he was doing unlike the other techs who looks like retarded geeks with glasses at apple.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay I got my shit fixed. They replaced the top casing where the trackpad is. That fixed everything for me. Everything works 100% fine now. Good part is I only had to wait 30 minutes for the repair. Seemed like this tech that helped me out knew what he was doing unlike the other techs who looks like retarded geeks with glasses at apple.

Wow 30 minutes, thats quick!! Did you get it fixed at an Apple Store??

If you did go to an Apple store, does the Apple Care Coverage cover repairs like that?

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Wow 30 minutes, thats quick!! Did you get it fixed at an Apple Store??

If you did go to an Apple store, does the Apple Care Coverage cover repairs like that?

Yea I got it fixed at the apple store. My laptop was still under warranty so the repair was free. And yea the apple care coverage should cover it as well.

members online