Made a loop now what?

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
ok been making beats finally for about 2 or 3 weeks now. i sample and like i will chop itup and come up with a nice pattern, then i will lay the drums and bass down. then i have a nice 8 bar loop. but i am stuck after that. I try to find something else in the sample and i am stuck.

E

eDub24

adding an instrument that plays the same notes as the bass would be a good start

drop notes, kicks other percs...

just change up shit throughout the song

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's time to compose over the sample!!!!!

To do this what I like to do is "really really" listen to the instruments within the original sample. Write what you know you here or think you here down. Find those instruments in Reason, Vsti's, keyboard (what ever you use) and start adding your own composition. You can also add samples from other music with like instruments.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
ok been making beats finally for about 2 or 3 weeks now. i sample and like i will chop itup and come up with a nice pattern, then i will lay the drums and bass down. then i have a nice 8 bar loop. but i am stuck after that. I try to find something else in the sample and i am stuck.

This is a joke right?
You have been a member here since 2004 and you JUST started making beats??? lol
No disrespect but I dont believe you!

T

The Arkitekt

lmao i was skeptical too so i checked out his posts to see how he has 1200+ posts and just started making beats, i think he was just djing or something

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yeah, good DJing too, l;ike I say x-squizet , no dis , just buggin on the post cuz your an original illian!

Starting with your stuck point what you can do from there is copy that pattern then on that next pattern take out a sample or 2 to give the beat a diff feel. You can do this a couple of times and then string them together in song mode and viola! You have a beat.. The advice above from other members applies as well, composing over the top is important as well...But when its done its done, if its full, copy then subtract.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
ha ha i feel yall i would to...but i was like 15 when i joined here and had no money for stuff or a decent computer to download fl studio. then i got into dj'n and been doin that for a while and now i am getting back itno making beats.

good lookin out on the tips tho.

T

TheMost

Drum rolls, its seems its all you need these days if you wana make a hit single. Ask Miami cats

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Drum rolls, its seems its all you need these days if you wana make a hit single. Ask Miami cats

Come on TheMost! That was a whack as statement...something that I've never heard coming from you! The Runners are "crazy" on a track and the dominate the rap music that comes out of Miami.

You have to give the people what they want when you produce for a living. Why guys stay salty at what brings in the money these days is beyond me. If you're trying to make money in the business you best get with the program and stop complaining about the industry.

Make sure if you ever sit down with a label exec that you tell them how you think the whole music scene sucks these days. Then come back and tell us how long the meeting lasted there after!

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Come on TheMost! That was a whack as statement...something that I've never heard coming from you! The Runners are "crazy" on a track and the dominate the rap music that comes out of Miami.

You have to give the people what they want when you produce for a living. Why guys stay salty at what brings in the money these days is beyond me. If you're trying to make money in the business you best get with the program and stop complaining about the industry.

Make sure if you ever sit down with a label exec that you tell them how you think the whole music scene sucks these days. Then come back and tell us how long the meeting lasted there after!

You really are painful.

We need to start a collection so you can get that humour gland transplant you so desperately need. While we're at it maybe we could do something about that chip on your shoulder, you big bloody sook.

T

TheMost

I wasent dissing at all. Its whats hot
ive incorparated it in my beats and im trying to create new drum rolls, specialy make em go like a split second like they do.

BUt i do find that these days you have heavy drums, fast hats, big roll and a simple synth and bass line

or a very slow beat with a fast roll

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I wasent dissing at all. Its whats hot
ive incorparated it in my beats and im trying to create new drum rolls, specialy make em go like a split second like they do.

BUt i do find that these days you have heavy drums, fast hats, big roll and a simple synth and bass line

or a very slow beat with a fast roll

Depends on the subgenre within hip hop that you're producing the music for. If it's dirty southish then of course those rolls are one of it's stamples. It's like the "boom bap" in authentic hip hop, the pumping bass in house, it's a must have.

I get where you're coming from though. I tend to roll other drum sounds other than the normal hat,snare or kick. Congos make nice roll change up.

WHERE DA FUCK U BEEN ANYWAYZ????? YOU'VE BEEN M.I.A FOR MONTHS SEEMS LIKE! Got Reason pin'd down and figured out yet?