Major problems with bassline

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay...here's the deal...I'm just starting to learn how to implement basslines into my tracks.

I'm doing these tracks and I take basslines and chop them up and then re-play so it fits the main loop/melody.

See the high notes and everything sounds cool...they have a sort of punch in them and them blend alright...but the low notes gives me headaches....you guys know what I'm talking about. The low notes creates this extremely annoying crackling sound when it's played with the melody because it's too low or too deep or something like that. I've tried EQ and compressing....I just can't get rid of this crackling sound...I'm trying to fix this problem ASAP so I can post my tracks up for the next showcase. But now this bassline (which gives me the most problems) is just giving me a headache. What techniques/tips do you do to eliminate this annoying effect??

Thanks..

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
try turning the volume for the baseline down and then eq it because it sounds like your getting some distortion. it could be your monitors too, i dont know what type of monitors you have but they might not handle low end freequencies well.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is weird because it only occurs for some tracks but not others...I have tried turning the bass volume down but it doesn't change much though...because I can't hear a damn thing then.

members online