makin cd's

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can anyone tell me how I can burn my own cds? I have a burner as well as my sampler (asr-x). I just bought a zip drive. Is there a way of connecting my zip drive with my saved music in the disk staright to the computer to burn cd's? Or do I have to buy a specific program? Thanks

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you have to first record it as an audio file (wav., mp3.) then you can burn it. you can download a demo of soundforge from sonicfoundry.com and record your beat in there then burn it, theres a lot of programs you can use to record your audio into.

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks alot! that helps give me an idea of what I need to do. Can you briefly describe how I would go abouts recording my beat as am audio file? (wav. , mp3) Also, do I NEED soundforge or some type of program before I make the audio file? If so how much would a program like that cost for the full version?

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
to record your beat you would hook up you audio outputs from your asr to the input in the computer's soundcard (most likely a 1/4" to 1/8" cable should do the trick) and record it into soundforge, cool edit or whatever program you might deem good for your setup. cool edit is pretty good and easy and i think it runs like 300 or less, im not really sure, i bought mine off a friend.

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
One question. What if all I want to do is simplt record my music to my comp and then burn it to a cd without all of the fancy edit options and effects (not to mention the high price). Is there another way through my computer or another program that will allow me to create wav or mp3's?

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONNECT YOUR ZIP DRIVE VIA USB TO YOUR COMPUTER. AND YOU ALSO NEED A PROGRAM TO BURN CD'S (NERO IS THE BEST). WHEN YOU OPEN NERO GO TO CREATE AN AUDIO CD AND THEN JUST CLICK AND DRAG YOUR FILES FROM ZIP TO THE COMPUTER AND BURN IT

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Originally posted by Phonetik
One question. What if all I want to do is simplt record my music to my comp and then burn it to a cd without all of the fancy edit options and effects (not to mention the high price). Is there another way through my computer or another program that will allow me to create wav or mp3's?

all you have to do is connect it to the computer, download a free version of ACID or any other software like that, and hit record. Then the track is there and its already in .wav format, then u can just burn it onto cd

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hookin up the zip to computer for burning a cd

Could you tell me what kid of usb cable I would need to hook up my zip drive to the computer so that I can burn a cd?

members online